Wireless Earbuds with mic

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by MaCk0y, Aug 27, 2020.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    I am looking at buying wireless earbuds primarily for audio/video calls for work. The work laptop, like all laptops these days, has a combined audio/mic jack. :( Currently, I use a Philips Fidelio X2 with a modmic connected to a headset splitter. Unfortunately, although the mic quality sounds good, there's a slight static noise in the background when I speak, most probably because of the splitter. Plus I kind of look ridiculous in a video call. :p

I also have a SoundMagic E10C but the mic is crap. I have to hold its mic right in front of my mouth for anyone to hear me.

What I mostly want is for the mic to be somewhat good at noise cancellation. The modmic is great at this since it's unidirectional but obviously not expecting the same on earbuds. Also, the longer the battery life, the better. One more thing to charge, so the less frequent the better. :p Maybe I will use them for my phone as well and retire the Soundmagic if audio quality over bluetooth is OK.

Price is not an issue. Other suggestions are welcome.

2. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    I ended up with the Momentum True Wireless 2. Been using them for almost 2 months. The mic is actually pretty good for bluetooth earbuds after installing the latest firmware update and exceeded my expectations. Speaking of firmware updates, Sennheiser are not kidding when they warn you that the update might take an hour to complete. Apart from that, these are excellent. Was always sceptical of bluetooth audio and connectivity but have no problems with either the phone or laptop. Also use them while jogging and they don't fall off.

I recommend these especially if you are looking for a pair of wireless earbuds for audio/video calls like I was.