1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winver 1903 first thoughts !

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by IchimA, May 22, 2019.

1. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    It depends on your partitions. During an upgrade, it will shrink your main partition to increase the recovery partition. The sizes have changed in this Windows update. They did in one of the previous updates too. If the disk still has unallocated space, then this is quick, no resizing needed for the main partition. But if not, this is going to take time, data needs to be relocated.

In the end, if you've been upgrading W10 from the beginning instead of installing new, the partitioning scheme on the disk is a complete mess.

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    Yeah I think I'll do that. I just tried installing the wndows updates from yesterday and now my latency spikes more than tripled. What a disaster.

Yep, immediate improvement on reverting. Don't have time to run a lengthy test right now though.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  3. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    And everyone keeps asking me why I haven't switched to Win10 ...lol I'll have to eventually but god it seems everytime I look in Win10 forums everyone is complaining about something going wrong.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Fear is the mind killer. Just do it.

5. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Exactly! I've had no more problems with Windows 10 than I've had with XP, 7 and 8. There's also the fact that people only tend to post about something if they're having an issue as they're looking for a fix. The people who aren't having any problems aren't going to create 'I'm having no issues with Windows 10' threads because well, what would be the point :p

AsiJu and mbk1969 like this.
  6. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    After formatting and installing a completely fresh install of W10 1903 I can confidently say it feels so much smoother, snappier and crispy...this is in comparison to a fresh install of W10 1803 which I'd had preciously.

That felt sluggish and slow. Curiously doing a speed test my ping times have been reduced by 7ms compared with the previous version 1803.

I'm running a system from 2013 and haven't had any issues, however trying to update 1803 to 1903 was pulling ip errors, so a fresh install was the only option in my case if I wanted 1903.

7. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    Coming back after a week with this upgrade ! Even though the games and programs are working better ! ( Without a FPS increase ) My Windows ( in general ) is running worst ! Like every action I want to make happens with a 1 - 1.5 second after . But I have to mention I use Utorrent and I have two media libraries sending data to my TV's ( around 800 GB ) . And trying to make a personal file server on the same PC

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    @IchimA

You can add a bitcoin mining, SETI@Home and other scientific stuff.

9. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    Thanks mbk but this îs why I pay for Windows , office and games. Only thing I use torrents Is for movies as I don't like Netflix of HBO . Selection is two poor . Also , sorry If I mentioned torrents

10. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    @mbk ... sorry ! I didn't get the sarcasm until to late ! ( after 3 hours ), thought you were mocking me :(

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    This was attempt of a humor (neither mocking nor sarcasm). My English is too weak for mean stuff. Plus I am not aggressive guy.

12. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    No offense taken !