WinMX

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by manothehour, Mar 16, 2004.

1. manothehour

manothehour Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    hey i went to the WinMX site and it said no spyware, no ads, etc etc. i want to find a good p2p prog without any bull that comes with it like spyware and adware. i know kazaa and iMesh and other progs like that have it, but does WinMX have it, and what do you all think of WinMX? thanks

2. mantra_sone

mantra_sone Cambodian

GPU:
    The virtue that possession
    WinMX is great. I haven't used it in a year, but by checking the website, it hasn't been update in a year or so. So I'm not sure if it's vunerable to attacks, but the last time I used it, I had no spyware, etc.

3. manothehour

manothehour Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    thanks a lot for your help im dling it now :)

4. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    I use WinMX to dl most of my mp3s...they have alot of the good quality stuff (192kb, 256kb and 320kb). But as for movies, tv shows etc....I find Kazaa Lite is the better provider

5. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    WinMX is cool and spyware free.U can also try Emule which also doesnt contain any spyware and adware and BitTorrent client.

6. Polymorph1c

Polymorph1c Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 1900XT
    Always use Winmx for mp3s now I've found it pretty useless for anything else though. Emule works on the give/take basis you need to upload a fair bit before you can download.

7. bigmaxy

bigmaxy Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 285
    DC++ is the best and I've tried them all.