Windows7

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by airfab, Apr 30, 2009.

1. airfab

airfab New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 280
    Hi, I just installed the latest nVidia drivers 185.81 and I note that RivaTuner 2.24 does not detect the drivers for Windows 7.:3eyes:
    Think you soon release a new version?

2. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Does it not detect it or does it just say the drivers are "Not supported"?

Also Unwinder is not supporting Widows 7 yet...... you know cause it's still a beta.

3. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    I'm still running 181.22 per my post here. No issues on 32 or 64 bit.

4. airfab

airfab New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 280
    Yes, I'd like to say that the drivers are not "detected". In "drivers settings, there is" no supported drivers detected for this display adapter ".
    The only current solution is to install the drivers for Vista.

5. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    But its not beta:3eyes:

Its RC

6. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

This indeed needs attention, because the latest beta is a good set (less buggy than the previous beta) and I'm noticing the same. I installed the W7 driver set on my Vista 64 system, everything worked perfectly, except RivaTuner said my profiles are corrupt because it couldn't read/adjust driver settings (clock speeds) anymore.

I will try the Vista drivers next, and I have advice too: try the Vista drivers on W7, it's naturally compatible. You may get RT to work, after all.

I have faith in Unwinder supporting the new drivers/OS soon, he usually does his homework. It's more important because there are probably performance benefits in using WDDM 1.1 instead of 1.0 (introduced in Vista).

7. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    I'm getting the same "No supported drivers detected for this display adapter." in Windows 2008 SP2 with 185.81 drivers, didnt get that with 185.68.

8. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

I just verified it, RivaTuner works if you choose the package designed for Vista instead of W7.
    I don't think it can read WDDM 1.1 drivers properly yet.

I can guarantee that Vista drivers work perfectly under Windows 7. However, I cannot guarantee that these Vista drivers will be supported by RivaTuner under W7 100%, but I think it's likely.

Edit: Go here:
    32-bit (who the hell uses 32-bit?!)
    64-bit

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
  9. exaslave

exaslave Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 560ti
    ah true the 185.81 win7 are WDDM 1.1 unlike the 185.68, guess that's the difference I also installed the win7 drivers on my win 2008.

I use rivatuner for the statistics server and for OCing my card, i had to use EVGA precission to OC and the statistics server tool still works fine in rivauner.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  10. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

You picked the W7 package instead of the Vista one, that was your problem. The previous v181 W7 drivers were WDDM 1.1 too, but that's old and there were more up-to-date Vista drivers since - and indeed those couldn't be WDDM 1.1.

11. redone632

redone632 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800 GTS
    Sorry for bumping the thread, but I figured this was relevant.

I've downloaded the Windows Vista 64-bit drivers several times and whenever I try to install it, the window says in the top corner 'Windows 7 [64-bit] Drivers' and after completing the install, RivaTuner still does not see any drivers. What am I doing wrong here?

edit: This is the driver that I am downloading http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_185.85_whql.html

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  12. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    That's the right driver. It is working fine for me on Win7x64 RC.

Did you force the driver version as mentioned here?

Once you do that, restart RivaTuner and the customize options for the driver will be available again. You'll also see it state Driver Emulation Mode in the window title.

13. NightCrawler™

NightCrawler™ Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX460 1 8800GTSSC
    I don't think you will see drivers listed even when you're using those Vista drivers as they're still part of Windows 7..
    I'm only using the Windows 7 drivers along with the Driver Emulation Mode.. they work like a charm... The only downside to this trick is that you have to set your OC and fan control for each card if you're running SLi... Other then that it works just fine...