1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows updates setting glitched???

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by tsunami231, Aug 9, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still running 1703 and have had 2. Notify to download and install set in gpedit *Configure Automatic Updates* for while then started to notice WU was say it will automatically download and install updates, which might explain why 1709 tied to install on 2 occasions

I then set not configured and reboot and WU page started saying we will notify to download, I then set *configure Automatic Updates* back to 2. and reboots and WU say we will automatically download and install.

I then tried 3. which automatically download and install and WU page say it will automatically download and install.

ATM I am unsure which setting it being used and I wont know till the next set of CU are released, which should be in next few days

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    To add to the mystery I noticed the follow when I first go into WU page it say we will automatically download and install updates no * and yellow text, if I then go in to advanced on WU page then go back to WU it show we will ask to download and install with the * and yellow text, If I back out to setting page or close the and go back to WU I get the image first image, after I go in to advanced and back out to WU page I get image 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really hope this just some GUI glitch with WU page, and it not really automatically downloading and updating, to date so far I have not "seen" and updates automatically download other then when feature updates get pushed cause defer time has passed

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I can't answer your question on GPE but I do have some settings altered from default and I get the yellow text too but other times not, so that text is buggy.

4. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    If i recall that yellow text was about a GPO that was disabled.

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/some-settings-are-managed-by-your-organization-windows-10/

Also. I believe with 1803 (or whichever version it was) there was a change that some hardware started to be not supported or to be precise not eligible for upgrade. (dont quote me on that) just rumours ive heard. So far i have an E8400 Dell that is updated to 1803 but it took ages. My suggestion is to see if you can get repair the updates.

Try in CMD (run as admin)
    sfc /scannow

and:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

see if it brings any errors

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well i did clean installl of 1803 so this glitch is moot atm, as far as I can tell 1803 always have * and says we will ask to download