Windows Update says PC doesn't meet Win11 Requirements, but the Official Health App says I do

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by BlindBison, Oct 5, 2021.

1. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    upload_2021-10-5_15-42-25.png
    I do have TPM and Secure Boot ON -- specs are 3900X + 2080S latest Win10 version.

2. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I also pass the unofficial checkers too it seems: upload_2021-10-5_15-54-36.png

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you might have an incompatible driver installed, dragon center installs cfosspeed for instance.

BlindBison and cucaulay malkin like this.
  4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    mine says its incompatible too
    oh well,gonna stay on w10 then and lose absolutely nothing

aufkrawall2 and BlindBison like this.

5. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Huh I wonder what that could be -- thanks, well I honestly don't think it's worth the hassle at this point so I guess Win10 it is for me. I can't think any any specific driver off the top of my head that would do that -- I do use SharpKeys to swap CTRL + Win key, but I wouldn't have thought that'd cause something like this.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Updates seems to work here. Installed just now.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Try running the installer from mounted iso (Explorer can do that since 8), the WU system scan might just be idiotic.
    Unrelated personal note: I don't want it yet on my stationary system, new task bar has stupid limitations.

BlindBison likes this.
  8. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I figured it out -- used the Win11 Assistant from Microsoft and that did the trick. Thanks all,

So far, I don't hate it (after uninstalling all the bloat at least -- Solitaire/Teams/removing the extra task bar stuff, etc), but I'm not really wowed either. Some things look nicer, but I sorta prefer Win10 in some ways. Who knows though, maybe I'll get used to it.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    how did u manage to update?

10. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    not who you're referring to, but I got it to work personally by using the external tool microsoft has -- win11 update assistant or some such. I was passing the health check app, but win update said I didn't meet the requirements. As soon as I used the external tool I was able to update.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    I cannot, when i run the update assistant, says system is not compatible with win 11

12. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    RIP feelsbadman :( For me it worked once I enabled TPM and SecureBoot in the BIOS, but I have fairly modern components.

13. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Why are you so eager to switch to an OS that is unproven, will probably break some things that are working fine in W10, and give you nothing in return for the trouble?

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I'm trying to figure out why so many people are against W11.....but yet, a lot of those same people flocked to W7 and W10 without a second thought....

blunden likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I would switch in heartbeat if my system was "supported" despite hating the UI and and startmenu changes and other ui changes. but atlast 6700k is not supported officially

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I "upgraded" specifically for those changes. I've hated every iteration of the "start" menu going back to Win95.... They're the only reason I made sure my PC was fully supported. I'm loving the new UI.

BlindBison likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    to each owe one mans gold is another mans coal :rolleyes:

like said I would switch if it was actual supported, I was under impression like many other windows 10 was to be last windows and all updates going foward would come threw thoug, but microsoft never bothered to correct what that one developer said which was just as bad.

sykozis and BlindBison like this.
  18. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    I like the UI update — looks nice to me. Sadly I do have a Ryzen CPU, but from I gather those issues should be cleared up within a month or so.

One feature I use a lot is hovering over the expand/minimize button for the new auto layouts for windowed apps.

19. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Whelp, turns out you were right lol -- my headset suddenly stopped working win11 and after digging into just seems to be a compatibility issue that hasn't been fixed yet (not sure if it's on windows side or logitechs side, but ah well). As a result I've sorta got no choice but to downgrade til later.

I like some of the UI changes (not all of them personally), but especially considering the Ryzen perf issues that seem to exist right now probably best to just wait til later.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    should work if you turn off core isolation/memory protection.

BlindBison likes this.