1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows timer resolution tool in form of system service

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mbk1969, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce R9 380
    CPU-Z has a new tool named: " Timers " You will find this tool in the " Tools " drop down box located at the bottom middle of the program window.

This Tool displays the clocks, their values and allows you to run a test upon them.

This tool was introduced in V1.84 and is available in any newer version of the software.

Start the tool and let it run. When you stop the test all your timer values should match.
    If they do not match, that is when the troubleshooting begins.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html#version-history
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

oldgregg likes this.
  2. PIRATA!

PIRATA! Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA
    This is very interesting.
    All my timings match....but what does this mean??

Any help and explanation would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
  4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I tried CPU-Z timer tool and not really sure I understand, when I open it I get at top

ACPI timer 3.580 MHz
    Perf timer(QPC) 10.000 MHz
    Sys timer(RTC) 1.000 KHz
    running test just shows the time increase and the same values above.

PS: "save report" has a lot of info in it.

5. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce R9 380
    Think of these timers as the beat in a song. The beat keeps all the other instruments in time with each other.
    The clocks above have to work together in the same way to keep the software and hardware in sync to move the data around inside the motherboard and the exterior components connected to it.

Have the test running in the back ground while you put your computer through it paces. After you are done using your computer (such as playing a game) stop the test. All the test values shown below each clock frequency should be the same value.

If they are not then some troubleshooting may be required. It may be a particular piece of software, It may be that your overclock on your PC is to severe. It might be an issue with your motherboard or insufficient power from the power supply. it could even be a bad clock module.

This is a test to see if anything might be happening in the background that may be affecting your computer performance.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Ok, Thanks for the explanation.