windows telephone activations and oem software

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by martin2006, May 22, 2006.

1. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100
    i know this was kinda covered in a thread below but i wanna just make sure of a few things

my pc was originally a hp one, and came with an oem version of windows xp. im going to be changing the motherboard, and as ive heard this wont let me activate as the mobo is changed.

will phoning them up and explaining the siuation mean i can keep using the same license key? and ill get a new one for activation.

also the way it installs is a bit weird, as it kind of restores instead of re-instaling. so my fear is that its going to install the drivers for the msi mobo it came with, and for the graphcs card it originally had.

lets say for arguments sake i had a "dubious" version of xp lying about, could i technically install that, then phone up microsoft giving them the oem key thus getting a newer key that allows me to activate this "dodgy" version as proper legal one, bearing in mind i have a proper version that came with the pc anyway

2. Advis

Advis Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
    Don't say a word. Just go through the process like normal. If they think it's dodgy they just say 'please return your copy to your point of purchase'.

3. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Sometimes when u even phone u just get a machine so when u Punch or say the Number for activation it will respond with a valid Activation or it will forward you to a Actual human being if the Activation Code is invalid or has already been activated lately

And yes u can Punch the code in when it asks for every category much easier i found out them talking it all out. Make sure no one is close to the phone and talking I have had the thing pick up that and more aless it would be confused

4. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    I change my hardware often , same goes for Formatting and reinstalling windows. Nearly every time auto activation fails , every time I call support they give me a new product key and its activated again.

So long as your original CD key is legit you wont have a problem . :nerd: