Windows Store Summer Sale is On !

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by chispy, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Have they fixed all the idiotic issues yet with UWP games, such as forced vsync, ... ?

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    They fixed the vsync issue.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Complain all you want, but I like the fact that MS gives you both the X1 and PC version of some games. That means I can play games with my console friends and also play them on a high end PC

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    like your post?

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I am going to ask if all you're going to say is something like "I NEVAR UZE TEH DUM WINBLOZ STOAR," just keep it to yourself.

On topic, it's too bad I already own the 2 games from the Windows Store that are on sale...:(

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I own a few games from the Windows Store.
    And while purchasing was quick and easy, their download and update system is horrible.

Add in that the store and system itself is incredibly un-user friendly.
    But, the biggest issue for me, is the lack of quality titles. Outside of Gears of War... what does the Windows Store have that I can't get somewhere else?

Quantum Break, Dead Rising 4, Tomb Raider... they are all available on Steam. With better user support, and cheaper.

Maybe... just maybe if MS would listen to the consumers. Bring PC users the Master Chief Collection of HALO. Bring us Gears of War 2 and 3. Games PC players have been asking for for years.
    Give us a library worth browsing, worth buying from. A library worth using the store/system for.
    In the past, people have used systems they hated simply because the draw was there because of great games. The Windows Store simply does not have what it needs the most. Games.

Gears of War 4 is awesome. But, it's install size, and the issues with how the game updates... has been more then enough to put a lot of people off.
    I know people who decided against buying it simply because of reports of the store redownloading the whole game for an update.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    MS don't care... they have Xbox, people need to pay subscription service just to play multiplayer on console, console is where they care, console is where the money is for MS... they do not care about pc gamers enough to actually make available the games that pc gamers would actually love to play... for me that would be every Halo game after 2, I've finished 2 so many times, heck I even got Microsoft to give me a new product key when I couldn't activate it anymore because I had installed it too many times and on different operating systems, going from Vista to 7 to 8 killed activation... gg Microsoft.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's always great to have a sale but... the Windows Store... yuck! Just not a fan of it at all and, yes, I do own Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4 and Halo Wars 2 for PC. The problem is that it is uber-slow to download, is prone to stalling or even restarting downloads entirely (this is especially annoying for 40+ GB games that had almost finished downloading!), has no backup options or even any way to revalidate the files. Even moving content from one drive to another can be like playing Russian Roulette (sometimes it works, more often it doesn't in my experience). Worst still, it doesn't always ask where I want to install the game at the download prompt, forcing me to have to stop the download, change the install location in Settings then redownload it. Clunky is a word that springs to mind when describing the Store.

The Store is just a miserable experience IMO for anything except smaller apps and mobile-type games.

9. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC
    When you purchase a game from MS Store, do you have to log into your MS account to play? Basically, I use a local account on my machine and don't want to have to continually log in to play.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I got Gears 4 and FH 3 with crossbuy, never had any issues with installing and playing them, even minecraft on W10 works as it should.

Looking forward to F7, Crackdown and Cuphead.

11. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Not gonna lie, that picture from OP was my first glimpse of how Windows Store looks like - El oh el.

But ya imma pass too, on everything I mean.

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    You don't. It seems they are tied to your machine (much like Windows 10 ) once you purchase/play them. The only difference is that your purchase won't show up in the Downloads and updates unless you log in.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  13. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  15. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Oh no. It's just sticker book.
    Steam provides you with unlockables sticker and you stick or move them in selected background.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    You can use a separate account in the windows store app.

I tried it once, and it was cryptic as f**k. Every option was leading to tying your Windows account to a MS account. It happened twice, and I had to untie my Windows account.

Somewhere in there, an option is provided to use a separate account. But it was extremely non-obvious how to do it.

MS really dislikes it if you don't use a MS account. Every dialog is trying to trick you into tying your PC to an MS account.

Thank you very much, but I'll pass.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Been there, done that.

Good thing i make weekly backups, cuz i had no clue how to revert back to a Local Account.

18. Airwave

Airwave Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    I recently got my first game on windows store, Forza horizon 3 . I was skeptical about both user experience of the store and performance of the game, but in the end everything went fine, i had no particular annoyance and the game in its current state seems to run like.... amazingly well? actualy this is the only game i tried s ofar so far that i can max out and play at 4k downsampled at solid 60 fps (without any overclock even) on my config, in other games istruggle at that resolution even if i reduce settings. Now, the possibilities are two, or the game has made great progress Since launch in terms of performance, becoming one of the most well running ever (in relation to the tech on offer), or... i have a suspect about the downsampling process. Since The game runs in Borderless window only (So DSR shouldn't work), and i see an ammount of aliasing on gemetry that really should'nt be there downsamplig from 4k, is it possible that i'm not really using a 4k framebuffer afterall? grabbing a snapshot of the game with the stamp key, resulted in an image of 1920x1080 size.

19. Autarch20

Autarch20 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    This^

20. Autarch20

Autarch20 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX FE 1080
    Crossbuy/play is the best to be honest! i was hoping Destiny 2 would be a crossplay game but being how it plays incredibly different (@60fps on pcs ) its just not ideal- consolers would get shredded by pc gamers.... lol (could see 900Million console gamer support tickets and reports about who they thought were hackers, turns out they were just PCs with Non potato hardware lol