Windows Performing Slowly Message While Gaming

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mutate44, Jan 7, 2013.

1. mutate44

mutate44 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 2GB WF 1293 Boost
    Hey guys i keep getting this message that windows is performing slowly when I play games like Crysis, Metro 2033 and Dirt 3. I have tried everything from running stock clocks on CPU and GPU but keep getting this message while playing any of those games I mentioned. My PSU has been squealing lots lately like all the time and one of the PCIE connectors looks a little bit melted. I have been wondering should I swap out my PSU for new one.

2. killer_939

killer_939 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Try disabling aero or right clicking on the game, go to properties, and then under compatibility tick disable desktop composition.

3. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Post a pic of that melted wire.

May want to consider an RMA if it is melting wires, the squealing could be any thing from the fan to a bad cap.

4. mutate44

mutate44 Member Guru

GPU:
    disabling desktop composition fixed the issue thanks. Ordering a corsair 1200i had this old Antec power supply for too long lol.

5. mutate44

mutate44 Member Guru

GPU:
    it appears the issue came back and is asking me to change to the windows basic theme while playing crysis. Has been happening to me for a while now and can't get rid of it while playing games unless i select don't ask me again.

6. mutate44

mutate44 Member Guru

GPU:
    Fixed the issue must have been a compatibility problem with aero under windows 7. Installed windows 8 and have been gaming for several hours with the message not popping and minimizing my games.

7. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I used to switch off Aero when playing certain games and that took care of it.