Windows not fully booting after Relive driver install

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by BiggaWhat, Mar 8, 2017.

1. BiggaWhat

BiggaWhat New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce HD 795
    Hello all, I recently tried to install the 17.3.1 drivers and can't get them to work. I have tried numerous clean installs including using using amd clean uninstall, ddu, and a combination of both. The uninstall and install processes both complete without issue but when I restart, the computer freezes on the blue windows screen. It says "Please wait" on that screen, a circle is spinning beneath it which then freezes and it never leaves that screen. I was on 16.9.2 before that which was very stable but I'd like to stay more up to date. I've rolled back and everything is still working fine on 16.9.2. When relive drivers first came out I also couldn't get them to work albeit not exactly in the same way as this. System specs below. I've tried searching for a solution but haven't had any luck so any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Windows 7, sp1, 64 bit
    ASRock z77 extreme4 mobo
    HD 7950s in crossfire, stable overclock to 1000/1400
    i5-3570K @ 4.2 GHz
    8GB corsair RAM
    750W corsair PSU
    128 GB Samsung SSD
    1 TB WD internal HDD
    Achieve shimian 1440p monitor

If I forgot any relevant info just let me know

2. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Can you try 17.1.2 WHQL please. I had some difficulties with my CFX setup starting in 17.2.1

3. BiggaWhat

BiggaWhat New Member

GPU:
    Tried 17.2.1, no luck. Tried 17.1.2, no luck. They all freeze in the same place

4. Sinean

Sinean Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080TI AMP
    Try removing one of the cards, install the driver. If all goes well put in the other card. Hopefully that will work out better. having no issues with my single gpu 7950. Thats what I'd try

5. BiggaWhat

BiggaWhat New Member

GPU:
    Yeah I have already tried that, removed the 2nd card during all my troubleshooting just to simplify things, didn't help. Updated Windows, bios, chipset, ME drivers...no luck. Even tried every driver back to and including 16.11.5, which isn't a relive driver, and they do the same thing.

I've basically given up on it at this point unless anyone has suggestions. Strangely out of the probably 50 times I restarted over the course of my troubleshooting it randomly booted and loaded the relive drivers 2-3 times. Couldn't pinpoint anything different about those times it worked and on next restart it froze again.

6. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+