1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows: Line-Based vs. Message Signaled-Based Interrupts ...

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mbk1969, May 7, 2013.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Yeah, I am happy. Signature of Q5 is closer to high-end/audiophile part of spectre.

PS And I don`t use it with USB. I feed it with optical signal from integrated Realtek card.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I am not doubting it may improve for you and your HW, I am just reporting my findings with my HW/software.
    Who knows maybe ASmedia doesn't support priority values.

3. sidi0us

sidi0us Member

GPU:
    Intel HD4000
    @mbk1969

Awesome, that Q5 is in a different league then what I currently have, to say at least... I've just started getting into mid range audio headphones, only have a pair of HD558 and 58X for now.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    My rig has ASmedia USB controllers and I set high priority but I don't feel the difference, which of course proves nothing.

It is not clear whether this setting in registry overwrites the default priority requested by driver. In case it is applied by OS then driver`s value is ignored.

Main thing is to have store or a guys with collections to listen every pair to find your sound.

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    • Addresses an issue in which Windows Driver Frameworks causes high CPU utilization. As a result, the user-mode driver stops working when the device resumes from Hibernate (S4).
    - part of fresh Cumulative Update for Win10 1803
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4480976/windows-10-update-kb4480976

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yes, I just put it back to "undefined", which I assume is stock config setting.
    I"ll see if I notice anything going this way, back to stock.

7. Nawafwaba

Nawafwaba New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1070
    pci lock in msconfig help me a lot

he disable my sound card but give low input lag

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Judging by description of that setting you experience pure placebo.

9. Nawafwaba

Nawafwaba New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1070

2 week placebo?

10. Sylphide

Sylphide New Member

GPU:
    RX 480 4GB
    First of all hello everyone i'm from Portugal, so i've been having this issue since Ryzen came out, i have random audio and sometimes screen stutters when i'm playing or just randomly listening to music or even talking in discord aswell, people just cut out sometimes for like a second or two and then it just comes back and first i thought it was a driver issue so i reinstalled windows multiple times, tried different drivers, updated them all too and never fixed it. I also have a second computer which is a ryzen 5 1600 and a b350 mobo aswell so i tried changing every part one by one until i realized it wasn't an hardware issue either so i just dont know what it is anymore.
    I mean if i reinstalled windows there's no way it can be driver related right? Idk...
    And it's also not hardware related.. I hope someone knows anything that it could be related to

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Since you can`t measure such thing, yes. The setting in question just forbids the Windows to redistribute resources of PCI devices relying on BIOS.

PS I mean it can be real. And it can be a coincidence with some update (drivers, OS). Have you at least tried with and without that setting (back and forth) several times?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    oops... double post...

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Try to measure the ISR and DPC latencies as described here
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/simple-way-to-trace-dpcs-and-isrs.423884/

You can post the measurement here.

As a side note: why have you chosen to post in this thread? You would get a better response if you would create a dedicated thread.