1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows: How to get latest CPU microcode without modding the BIOS

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mbk1969, Jan 5, 2018.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I had a crush on her when I was 45... :oops:

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Some crushes cant be crushed no matter how long its been or old you are...

mbk1969 likes this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I might of seen my first instance of these patches and microcodes causing slowdown cause there all enable and patch up to what ever is current microcodes MS is pushing threw WU, for the first time I since play Skyrim SE with 4k character textures, I seen the game get really stutter and slowdown when it is normal 60 stable at 1080p, seeing as I dont run with AB running i dont know if it the cpu or gpu, closing the game and restarted it fixed it. ( my first thought was WU was trying to do one of it checks and or forced downloads) maybe it was a fluke.

I did notice that the 411.63 nvidia drivers actual fixed the flickering that was happen on skyrim main menu which as always been there even in Skyrim when it was HDMI input, funny how i never noticed that was fixed till now those drivers been on my system for months

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    @tsunami231

I suspect those mitigations would affect the same executed code in the same exact manner, so you would not shrug them off by restarting the code.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    then it was most likely a fluke thing i guess either way i keep an eye out on it, To date Skyrim and now Skyrim SE is most played game I owned I think Original and SE combined i have over 10k hours in to and i only managed to completed the main story once, forget about the extras, all thanks to the fact i mess around with mods and have restarted the game well over 50 times.

And if I gona noticed something in game do those "patches" its this game only other game I seen wierd issue like stutter out now where is Deux EX MD and that is do to the damn denuvo drm they still refuse to take out of the game along with why it loading time are so horrid even on SSD