windows fails to load graphics card driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Foamy4, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Hello there
    I have a thing that puzzles me. It happens randomly; windows fails to load my graphics card driver when I boot my computer. If I go to device manager it displays the driver is missing. I can fix it with a reboot.

I have tried to:

Reinstall W7 x64 which didn't work. I eventually installed Vista x64 (had a lot of problems with W7!! Vista runs smooth on my system :banana: ) and windows is up to date

Install driver version 188.18, 197.13 and 197.45 (clean install yes)

Run memtest and harddisk check (no errors)

Load BIOS default settings

Updated my BIOS

Btw I have recently installed another harddisk. I have installed Windows on a new WD 500GB.
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  2. Nono06

Nono06 Master Guru

GPU:
    680 GTX SLI (1215/6884)
    humm, this is usually doing that when there is a pb with PCIE slot/connection.

I guess you are using the default PCIe clock (100Mhz). no overclocking there.
    have you tried to remove the card and clean the connectors ?
    have you tried another PCIE slot?

3. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    I looked through my motherboard manual to verify it is the right PCI-E slot. I will try to move the graphics card to another PCI-E slot when I get home and clean it.
    It could be damaged after I transported it in my car. But I get maximum performance in games from the card and it is stable. Never crashes or anything.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  4. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Something fishy is up with your comp, Are you overclocked ? thx gl

5. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1050
    What lan drivers are you using?I read on some sites that uninstall the lan drivers on some boards fixes the problem.Use the windows lan driver.

6. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Yeah I had LAN port problems on W7. With the Nvidia drivers installed they would just stop working until I rebooted my computer.

Reinserting the card fixed the no driver thing. :D