Windows Bootup/Install Problems

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by SaDySt1K, Jun 23, 2007.

1. SaDySt1K

SaDySt1K Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB
    Hey, I'm having a problem on my desktop computer. At the moment I cannot boot into Windows XP or Windows Vista at all.

I cannot boot into safe mode on either as well. With my Vista HDD, the safe mode driver load screen (pardon my description) will halt on "crcdisk.sys"

With my Windows XP HDD, the safe mode driver load screen halts on "Mup.sys"

The Xp HDD is an IDE drive and the Vista HDD is SATA.

I've attempted to reinstall both Vista and XP but the Vista install stops at "Windows is loading files" and the XP install stops at "Setup is loading files."

I've attempted booting up with both plugged in at the same time, one drive at a time, both plugged in while disabling one in the bios, but I really don't know where to go from here.

Normally, only the SATA drive is connected as the IDE drive is my buddy's drive so I know it works.

At this point I think it may have something to do with the mobo.

Any kind of idea or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. ^_^

--Edit--
    Edited info about mobo.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  2. SaDySt1K

SaDySt1K Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB
    Heh.. anyone? >.>

3. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    When you try to boot do it just restart or are you get a blue screen crash, if so what is the full error message ?

I don't see what other then the MB it can be, you have got two OS's on two hard disks both failing to boot and install, and you know it is not the hard disks (check the cables as well just to be sure).

Did you try resetting the BIOS ?

Is the BIOS the latest one available, if not try flashing the BIOS.

4. SaDySt1K

SaDySt1K Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 320 MB
    It was just freezing, it didn't boot at all. I did get it fixed though. The problem was there was this sticky residue stuffs in the slots themselves. It was this kind of crap.... like the kind you get when you rip off a sticker too fast. No, there was never a sticker on the RAM slots :p

Anyways, I'm happy now :smoke: