Windows Beta Released!!!!!

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Hiro1000, Jul 27, 2005.

1. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    I did that and filled in the survey. How long does it take until they select someone?

2. Roccer

Roccer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    FYI guys, you are starting to talk about an illegal leak of the beta. thats a no no hear, so be ready to have this thread closed by a mod if you keep talking about where to get it or what the file name is.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  3. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
    Ahhh ..... Thanks !!! :D:D:D

and to all that have signed in ....... :( :( chances are actually pretty less !! If u get selected ....... consider yourself Lucky !! :D cause there are many who has done so ...... and MS isn't going to provide everyone with a copy to test !! :D

4. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Could someone please explain how to install the beta without causing any damage to an existing WinXP Pro installation?

Lets say I have the 2.4 GB iso file, what do I have to do now? Burn it onto a DVD? Can I install it so I get the choice to boot in Vista or WinXP Pro?

5. Roccer

Roccer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    since i dont want to tell you how to install a pirated copy of vista since that would be uncouth., let me tell you what to do if you have xp installed and want to install win 2000 (since this process is the same). make a new partiton on your hard drive using something like Partition Magic (maybe 10GBs). next, reboot and put the win2000 CD in the drive. when it asks for an install location, select the new 10GB partition (never touching the partition that has windows XP installed). ocne its installed, when you reboot it should prompt you to pick a OS to load, either XP or win2000. since you installed XP first, if you dont select one after the default 30seconds it should auto load XP.

6. Roccer

Roccer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    EDIT: stupid double post

7. Fulgore04

Fulgore04 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 980 Strix
    Damn guys i currently g0t wind0ws vista in a dual b00t with my XP Pro and im having so much fun with it, i love windows vista, i wouldn't mind running it as my main OS this thing rockz

8. kam03

kam03 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 @ 1150/1450
    ooops

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  9. kam03

kam03 Master Guru

GPU:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the Aero Theme, i cant seem to find the Aero Glass Theme?
    How do i enable Aero Glass effect?

10. Marri

Marri Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Qno1: How buggy is the thing ?

Qno2: Is it worth the effort of installing ?

Qno3: Do 32bit Drivers work normally ...espically stuff like GFX Drivers,SoundCard etc....?

Qno4: How many times has your system crashed with it...?

Qno5: How about games ?

Ono6: how freakin slow or heavy is this thing on your system...is it heavier or a much bigger resource hog then winXP 32?

11. kam03

kam03 Master Guru

GPU:
    Qno1: How buggy is the thing ?

Since its beta it will have flaws. The current problem im facing are:

1. All the win 64 bit drivers ive downloaded dont install via the executor The errors that appears, if i remember correcty "the uninstall shield is 32bit and not 64bit, cannot install" lol somthing to that effect. I had to install via device manager and locate the inf file in order to install the drivers except for the sound card drivers, which was for the audigy 4 pro.

Its weird why would 64 bit drivers have 32 bit uninstall shield program? unless thats a bug on vista.

Qno2: Is it worth the effort of installing ?

I dont know how much vista beta is complete from the final version but its definitely worth the install. You can get acquainted with the user interface now, which could make it much easier for you when the final release is available.

Took me 50 mins to install. Once CD is inserted all you have to do is select the HDD to install on and change the PC name if you want. After that you dont get any windows poping up so you can just leave it to install.

Qno3: Do 32bit Drivers work normally ...espically stuff like GFX Drivers,SoundCard etc....?

Well there are two versions of Vista 32-bit and 64-bi, so yeah it should.

Qno4: How many times has your system crashed with it...?

ive only installed the drivers and thats about it. Ive used the browser and the media player but no crashes so far.

Qno5: How about games ?

havent tried them yet. will let you know once i do.

Ono6: how freakin slow or heavy is this thing on your system...is it heavier or a much bigger resource hog then winXP 32?

I didnt notice any differance on speed it seemed about the same speed as xp. Explorer was faster then xp, the images, icons and text were more clearer on 1600x1200 then the same settings on xp.

Resource wise, well i didnt have any apps installed to check resource but with its current apps its around the same as winxp maybe less.

12. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Hey guys, I know this is about Vista.
    But I just wanted to share IE 7.0 Beta with u. I have just installed it on XP a few minutes ago. Here are some screenies.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit:
    BTW, I am downloading Vista now:D. 54% completed...

13. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Did u notice any significant gain in speed than what FF gives ??

14. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Of course not. IE will remain IE and Firefox will remain Firefox (in the lead). I also wanted to add the scrolling in IE 7 SUCKS!! And also windows update website is viewed in a strange way...

This is after checking for updates, where I should check for the updates I want to download...
    [​IMG]

15. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well I also have IE7 .....
    So I wonder is it worth installing it ??
    Since u r on a slow connection like me and as u have not gained any speed boost so ....... .......

Also I like to know have they changed anything in the cookies ?? Like I have in FF how to manage cookies .... deleted when I close FF ?? Does it also blocks popups from sites automatically as done in FF ?? Also what about adds ?? They scew your connection if u r on a dial up .....

So has this IE7 taken (COPIED) some good things from FireFox ..... OR just is it same as IE6 ..... just changed the user interface a bit ....... I noticed the search bar ... :p:p

16. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Could someone please tell me how big his Vista Beta 1 installation is?

I mean the size of all the Vista Beta 1 files and folders after the installation.

I need to know the size so I can make a partition for it.

17. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Im curious, if you were to mount the DVD image on a virtual drive, can you install Vista that way? Or do you have to reboot in the middle of the install which in turn would completely throw that idea out of the window.

thanks ; )

18. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Most of the people (me too) are using that method to install the beta and it works perfectly fine. You won't get any problems.

19. Roccer

Roccer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    4.5 GBs give yourself a 10GB partition if you can just to give some overhead.

20. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Ah, excellent. Thanks for the info. And you can duel boot this way?