1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 8 will run Xbox360 games.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by signex, Jul 11, 2011.

1. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    You are not alone on that.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Least we'll get no more crappy ports now, they'll just do the 360 version, and on the case put, 360/PC, as it will run on both :p

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I call BS gona need some beefy specs just to emulate the 360. Anyone that knows anything about the emulation world knows the power required to emulate consoles, correctly is more then double, then the power that would be needed if it wrote specifically for the pc to begin with.

Look at BSNES or PCSX2 both need beefy specs to run a 200mhz chip and 8 8mhz chip CORRECTLY and at respectably speeds. then lets not forget pc specs are not equal, each pc spec is different.

People should read the article Byuu put out regarding emulation and why beefy pc parts are required. It not a as simple as poping the disc in the pc and it gona run exactly as it ran on the 360 on pc that has much better specs. cause it wont. not unless MS found some way to ninja 360 HW into the everyone pc.

If emulation was so easy, Why cant the 360/ps3 not emulate PS2/Xbox in actual 1080p? on hardware that is more then 4x more powerfull then the original? or for that matter with out issues? and cause they can make HD collection of those games is not the reason. that is just cop out cause it would be cheaper and profitable to rewrite the games for the hardware then spend money on something, the emulations world does for free and better.

http://www.tested.com/news/news/2712-why-perfect-hardware-snes-emulation-requires-a-3ghz-cpu/

THis article applies to emulation of all other hardware too. it no diffrent the more complicated the original and more power full the more power the emulator is gona need.

Unless MS found the holy grail to Emulation hardware on lesser something the emulations world has not been able to do, MS is just blowing smoking up your ass and marketing it just to get sales, with a half assed emulator.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  4. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    bsnes is awesome!

As for this xbox thing, is it going to include actual xbox games on store shelves? I don't recognise any of the games on that list of 40 that are to be released first... I take it they're ones you have to download on xbox live marketplace or something?

If they're actually going to have compatibility with proper xbox games I'd be willing to make a partition for windows 8 just for that. Red Dead Redemption xD

5. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 2080Ti FE
    They won't give old games and new xbox360 games mouse and keyboard support. 360 gamepads do however work on any pc so i'm pretty sure you will be forced to use that if you want to play 360 games on ur windows 8 pc.

Equal opportunities

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    XBLA titles indeed, mostly indie I believe but a few others as well, you could probably see them on the X-Box Marketplace website.
    (Some of them are really good although I've not checked any of the above listed games and only know of a few of those from before.)

And yeah I doubt they would ever do full X360 title conversions as it would require a lot more work (And planning, agreements with publishers and so on.) and it can't just be emulated either as stated since the hardware requirements would be too demanding, I wouldn't know but that's my understand of it at least.

7. snowdweller

snowdweller Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    IMO this won't be any game changer, you won't be able to change any graphical detail like a PC game right?

I'll just continue to get both versions of games depending on what friends have what games.

8. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Will be buying an XBox 360 game on the off-chance that this will prove to be true. :)

9. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX OC
    It appears it's just some kind of Xbox achievements list + Games for Windows Live! upgrade + Marketplace integration.

I can't see any reliable info about being able to play Gears of War or other Xbox games on PC. On the other hand, there should be no issues with playing XNA-driven games.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Even if this rumour is true, I think it has come too late in the Xbox 360's life to be anything more than a curiosity for me. You see I already own an Xbox 360 but its lack of exclusives for the past 2-3 years and the fact that I can play superior multiformat games on my PC has meant it is seldom turned on these days (I haven't even used it in over four months actually, possibly longer).

Microsoft will be releasing the Xbox 360's successor late next year and that is a platform that interests me far more. What would appeal to me is if Windows 8 could run Xbox 720/Next (or whatever it'll be called) games while still offering upgraded graphics and framerates that scale with more powerful PC hardware. I've always resented the fact that Microsoft have a console but do not release the exclusive games on the PC. They claim to be supportive of PC as a gaming but I've seen little evidence of it otherwise that a lacklustre port of the average Fable III.

Sure, I can play the exclusives on my Xbox 360 but these days it is a dated system with sub-HD resolutions, poor framerates, weak anti-aliasing and screen tearing by the bucket load; things that drove me to playing games on the PC in the first place. I'd love to be able to play Halo 5 and Forza Motorsport 5 on the PC with superior visuals and not have to bother buying a next-gen Xbox at all.

11. Redawgc187

Redawgc187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 X3
    I have to tell you that this would a major selling point for windows 8 and warrant the upgrade w/o this I think many desktop users would not even bother with it unlike the directx upgrade for vista that made little to no difference for a reason to upgrade.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Can’t really resent MS for that, they would have to be idiots to release all the Xbox exclusive games on the PC, especially the 720 ones as people will just buy a PC and a PS4.
    I’m sure they do want to make more games for the PC, extra sales has to be nice, but not at the expense of harming sales of their own console(s).

Surprised the emulation thing is still being mentioned, especially for the new console.
    It would just require far too much hardware, not to mention extra work by MS on the software side of it for every new game that is released.
    Even in 2 years time most users will come nowhere near having enough horsepower, and I imagine it would be an especially slow and buggy experience for Nvidia users.

13. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    PS2 emulation on the most demanding games is just now reaching a point that can be considered satisfactory, in my opinion.

Nevermind a system with more RAM, better video, and a way way way better processor.

And better security methods.

14. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    wow win8 will run 6year old games? heh nice :)

15. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

16. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    That's all?? :(

17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Lol, pathetic?

Most interesting thing was the minesweeper screenshots looked like there were white dots flashing.

18. 1Shakal

1Shakal Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 RADEON HD
    i wonder if there is actually people that play those games

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  19. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
    Not sure i want to play 540p games on my PC.

I prefer real 1080p games with real high def textures.

20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Unless they figure out how to bring AAA games like Forza over I couldn't give a damn and wont touch W8 with a barge pole.