Windows 8.1 Server Standard 2012 R2 x64 Drivers Issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HK-1, Apr 17, 2018.

1. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    Hi dudes, Please I need help as title say yesterday I make one test with this Build and like very much principally because no have crap at all, so I make fresh install in another machine that I use only for test (also AMD A10 7800 CPU) no issues then when I start installing video drivers (using Win7-64Bit 18.2.3) also starting first issue hmm because system warn hardware unknown! then I turn in safe mode make use of DDU and after re-install now with driver 17.4.4 same issue, restart again DDU again and try 18.3.3 same issue so fast solution format and install W8.1 Enterprise x64 and using driver 18.2.3 without issues my question is what happen some fault by me? or when using Windows Server need more some thing that I don't know some help thanks in advance :)

2. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    You should have tried installing Windows 8.1 x64 GPU drivers, not Windows 7. Windows 7 (SP1) ver command gives you 6.1.7601 (same as Server 2008 SP1 R2) where Windows 8.1 Update 1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update 1 also share the same ver: 6.3.9600 (no Update 1 will be ver 6.3.9200)
    (BTW all R2 are x64 only, there's no x86)
    And... Windows 8.1 is much better gaming platform than Server 2012 R2, but if you want to "play" with server OS, by all means, go ahead... just don't expect smooth sailing with games, drivers and peripheral support.

3. YY911SF

YY911SF Member

GPU:
    Evga Titan SLI
    AMD Doesn't support Windows 8.1 anymore. They dropped support last year. Stick with 7(SP1) or Windows 10 x64.

4. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    yep sorry for delay dude :( you are correct myself only discover this after big headache lol, although I found that Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise is the better IMO because this build NO have craps (only have store) so thanks bro for your help anyway:)

5. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    ok I know dude, well with another versions of Windows 8.1 I always use driver forW7 and no issues I have problems only with server version so see my post above and you can understand thanks aniway bro :)

6. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    "craps" sounds like a serious venereal decease to me. If I were you I won't DO 2 dollar prostitutes without a condom.

If I force myself to be serious on this however, I'd say that it seems you think games somehow.... run better on server and on "non consumer" OSes. I don't think you could, no matter how hard you'd try, prove this. I think you'd fail miserably. I mean on your face. All the time.

I'm pretty sure none of any games "care" about background processes. I will be happy you'd prove me wrong.

What are you going to do about the above challenge?

7. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    What?!

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's a bit weird, you'd think 7 would be dropped first on account of it being almost EoL and also older and then 8 and 8.1 would be dropped some years later but nope 8 and 8.1 got dropped and 7 is still continued which I assume is down to the larger user base still sticking with this OS even if it's older and has less features. (Still works though admittedly, bit weird to drop 8 before 7 even so but 8 never really took off I believe and 8.1 didn't help that much with this.)

9. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    nothing experience closed, simply changed operating system and still I'm not just a maniac gamer I'm a researcher and developer too so not always things go as we would like them to leave

10. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    yep unfortunately is true ;)

11. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    All. Please accept my sincere apologies for the tone (and tone only) of my above posts. If I may, I’d like to offer an explanation. Note: this is not an excuse.

I post mostly (only?) when I’m drunk (I’ve different interests when I’m sober). Depending on what and how much I had, wakes up other personalities in me. Some of them are clearly antisocial arseholes. They are still me, just not entirely what I am. I had at the time something explosive it seems.

That being said - remember I said I offer my apologies for the tone and tone only, the next thing is as following. When you, HK-1, are ready to base your opinions on something more solid than your experience, you might want to grok this book – Windows Internals by M. Russinovich and D. Solomon (others as well now that it’s 7ths edition - I have 4th editiont). You will discover that modern OSes (Windows in particular), don’t work in the ways sites like Black Wiper want you to believe (yes, believe). I know them to sound logical and plausible. I know them to offer some sort of numbers. But are these numbers true? Can they stand to scrutiny? Can their results be repeated? On your system? On any other? For researcher and developer (is this the right field for you?), I think the knowledge can be important?

What I’m saying is this: no, number of background “crap” isn’t what makes your games run “faster”.

@Jonas. Oh, wow! I honestly thought AMD backed away from no Windows 8.1 support. I see Windows 8.1 drivers links every time I downloaded my drivers from official site, that’s why I was surprised. It just never occurred to me to actually click on Windows 8.1 links. Thinking about this now. Does not feel weird.though. They explain drop in support by number of downloads. Not that I agree, but it feels angry, not weird to me.

(Anyways, this post is brought for you by 9 light beers – nothing is as bad as it seems… I hope)