Windows 8.1 crossfire and fullscreen

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by |ALE|, Oct 27, 2013.

1. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

Windows 8 / 8.1 crossfire and fullscreen not working

Many problems with windows 8.1 and crossfire. Sometimes related (it sems) to radeonpro (for example tomb raider, without radeonpro installed goes in crossfire, with radeonpro even disabling app monitoring and setting up the exlusive fullscreen... no crossfire), other times i don't know why. Now removed radeonpro, tried Pes 2014 (ok, crossfire is useless but...) wrc 4... every games start fullscreen but second card stay to 0%.

On windows 7 no problem at all... i think there is some "app" that interfere with the exclusive full screen mode.

system is clean, driver 13.11 beta 1/3/6

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  2. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

no luck... i'm searching on google and many users have problems with full screen games on windows 8 / 8.1. Games starts to native resolution but it's not full screen... it's a 1080p (for my hdtv) without the windows... borderless and so the crossfire doesn't start.

really annoying.... tried to regedit and changing the scaling from 4 to 3, tried to install video driver in compatibility mode for seven, with no luck (driver setup crash)... tried every option in CCC about scaling, ICT elaboration... no luck, alt+tab doesn't work, setting up the resolution inside the game (where possible) no luck...

it's possible that no one here has the same problem?

3. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

that's incredible... no one has crossfire on windows 8 / 8.1 ?

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    I have CrossFire on Windows 8 (might go 8.1 soon but your post scared me). What do you want me to test?

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think crossfire and SLI has broken in Win 8.1, that why this is happening.

6. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

try some games, if you have pes 2014, wrc4... i can't enable crossfire on these games.

7. Tusin

Tusin Member

Did you check "enable crossfire in games with no associated profile"?

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I run crossfire on w8.1 pro x64, only since yesterday and only tried Battlefield 4, Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2 so far and no issues in either of those games.