Windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cockneysean, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunderland

sunderland Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5770
    jumjumski thanks for the reply mate

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i never could get GTA 4 to work in build 7000, tried all kinds of recommended methods, does it work as normal in 7048 or did you do something special?

3. jumjumski

jumjumski Member Guru

GPU:
    mobility 4570
    @xrc6

Run as administrator setup.exe in compability mode for windows xp sp3,do the same thing when u want to uninstall the game.

p.s. with build 7000x32 i had the same problem,cant get it run in compability mode.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  4. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    Yeah, updated today :)
    It works fin, boot seems a tad slower but that could be a result from me upgrading from 7000 to 7048 and not doing a clean install.

So far I haven't noticed any bigger differences from the 7000 build except those that obvious changes you can see on the link I posted some page back.

I installed the latest Win 7 beta drivers for my GPU and everything I've tried so far works good.

Also got rid of those nasty flickers in Quakelive with the new drivers.

I did have some issues with my internet connection in the beginning, but after I reinstalled the nforce drivers everything works just fine :)

I also had to install the X-fi drivers once again, no big deal...

Oh, and I also had to re-active it , just used my key from the 7000 beta and it worked without any issues.

Only thing bugging me is that my explorer icon is broken in the taskbar but that's something I can live with for the time being.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009

5. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    ran it as an upgrade as well from vista x64 to win7 7048 x64,went smooth had to reinstall video driver an network but everything else is fine so far

6. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    Is there a download link for 7048 other than torrent sites?

7. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    not to my knowledge,it wasn released to the public lol

8. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    JaxMacFL: Torrents/Newsgroups are always an option. But, either way you go, this isn't the place to be asking for assistance. If you got in the beta, you'd have a copy of what's been released. 7048 is a leaked build, that you wouldn't be able to acquire legally w/o being a tester.

9. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    Oh, wasn't aware of the legality of it. Sort of thought of it in the same sense as a leaked beta video card driver. Thats what I get for assuming. Don't want to get into the torrent/unauthorized thing. I'm more than happy to wait for the next public released version.

Thx for clarifying that for me.:thumbup:

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf

11. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    For the NV People, just use the 185.20 Beta. Its the only driver that works for me with 7000, 7022 and 7048. When installing remove the PD and Physix first and install Phisix afterwards, leave the PD! Build 7048 is only 64Bit atm and works perfect. I installed a freaking old game and a much newer one, no probs:)
    I have 7022 32bit running on two SSD in RAID0 and build 7048 64bit running on one WD. I can tell for sure that W7 is optimized for SSD becouse loading, booting and respons with the SSD's is amazing without any SSD tweaks made to the 32bit OS. Little note : i didn't install the NV ethernet driver and left the NV storage driver also on both installs becouse those were giving me a pain in the ass!!!

12. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    LOL, when is the x86 version of build 7048 ever gonna be leaked? :)

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    geez....51 pages...wtf. Is there really anything about Win7 that has NOT been discussed yet?

14. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    No biggie man. Don't sweat it. :)

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    ...we're gonna start all over again with RC :D sorry!

16. The_Red

The_Red Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 9800gtx
    torrent performance.

17. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Anything new to report guys that we haven't already covered ?. Well there is one problem that i asked back in the 7000 build release. Any of you guys running Twin monitors with this OS. I want to know if you can extend the taskbar to the second monitor cause Ultramon don't work anymore .... That all i want.

18. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    Anyone know how to remove the watermark in build 7048?

edit: Nevermind I got it.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  19. the_4ork

the_4ork Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4850
    i asked this question before with no reply, prabably because everyone thinks im retarded...

i have build 7k, to upgrade to the later 7048? build do i need to do a complete format/reinstall? or how does this work? do the windows updates change the build?

what is the latest 64-bit build?

also ive been encountering random crashes with yahoo and windows live messenger and skype when i enable my webcam... lasts for about 5-10 minutes, it locks the software im using up, and i cannot alt+f4 or end process at all... a restart is required to get the cam back up again.

very annoying!

20. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    You need to download the build 7048, which is at this moment not particulary legal :)

(unless you are a technet subscriber or what it's called)

And you update by running the setup from within Windows 7, no need to reformat or whatnot.
    But as I said.
    It's not particulary (None at all) legal .
    It's a leaked build and won't be availble through windows update.

There will be no new build released to the public until RC1 is released in april.

Edit : And about the webcam crashing .
    Report it to Microsoft by sending feedback with as much information as possible so they're aware of it and hopefully fix it . (If it's Microsofts fault it crashes and not the drivers for your webcam)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.