Windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cockneysean, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    or there's always the Asus N10 series, which is basically a power netbook, with i believe a GeForce 9300M GT or something in them for about $579 i think on Newegg.

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    good to know thanks

3. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Those links are not working for me either. Do not know why, they worked a while back but in the last few days they seem to have broken or the site is no longer up.

I still have not found a free program yet, though I'll have another look when I get back from work later tonight. I also need a program (that is hopefully free) to extract/repair MS backups for some of my customers as many of them don't like to spend money on anything they see as unimportant. I think some investments are a good idea for non savvy customers like external backup drives or 3rd party backup software (as some think Windows backup is too hard to use). :p

"Sorry to disrespect you my poor customers, but some of you make me wonder" :bang: - says AnthraxPants to his wonderful small country town customers /slaps self in head. ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    could someone .rar or .zip their windows sidebar folder from x64 win7 7000 located in program files? i replaced some files in there from a previous fix and now i do not get the icon in the taskbar anymore :(

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

I can do that. where is the folder exactly?

I also get audio corruption on X64 7, in all games and videos after 5-10 min.
    Any fix?

6. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
    its in Program Files, so C Drive > Program Files > Windows Sidebar

zip the whole Windows Sidebar folder please.

7. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    i sure hope they fix the network sharing issue its damn annoying in vista... i can't get any folder to share and work in vista and i have tried everything... the public folder although works fine... anyways how hard can it be to fix it?? if a user decides to share a folder on the network people should be able to find it and access it simple as that... those who can do something about it should do it for god's sake please

8. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

Done.

http://rapidshare.com/files/188872850/Windows_Sidebar.rar.html

That will be nine thousand tree hundred and seventy four euros please......

Joking:)

Let me know if it worked;)

9. Dmented

Dmented Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 ROG Strix
  10. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Nvidia drivers for the GTX 295 in Windows 7

I recently upgraded from the 9800GX2 to the new GTX 295. I deinstalled the latest driver (181.22 WHQL) and played through the FEAR2 demo. Ran like butter.

However, loading Crysis or Warhead kills the PC either during the load screen or in the first second of gameplay. The system just hangs and I am forced to reboot. I have no problems witht he same driver in Vista (all 64-bit), so it's clearly a W7 issue. Will try if the 185.xx series works any better, but I thought I'd let you know.

11. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    lol decided to install it all it does is run like crap atm.
    i cant even install drivers properly..... -,-

12. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    Heh I had my Microsoft rep in the shop today and lo n behold he had a copy of Win 7 Beta that he wanted me to test out which I said, already got it dude. Anyways, he showed me some stuff in Vista 64 that I didn't know about and now I'm working with it soooo lol it's like OS musical chairs here...

here's a neat lil diddy for takin that watermark off in 7
    http://rapidshare.com/files/189211543/RemoveWatermark_Win_7.zip

13. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    With crysis you have to run it with vista compatibility mode

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    the compatability mode kinda sucks...no doubt it works for some games but sure as heck doesnt work as it really should. alot of older and really old games still never work

15. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Install in another OS, apply CD fix for game you own unless you are a pirate whore, then try in Win7. That could possibly work. Make sure drivers are fully extracted before trying to install and install PhysX separately. It's a beta, can't expect too much until drivers mature and the OS is fully supported. I have noted some odd behaviour though, like sound dying unexpectedly, random crashes. I did get a lot of stuff to work though by repeatedly poking it with a stick.

Or use XP compatibility or run as Admin, that's kind of stick poking, I guess I mean that's what I'm saying, sorry I have to go to work soon and not looking forward to it. Please shoot me. :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009

16. macdaddy

macdaddy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Yeah seems like Win 7 has trouble with audio codecs. Also installation of codec pack seem to work sometimes and not work other times. If people are using creative audigy card sound will crackle at times then recover or sometimes lose complete sound.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Can this thread make it to 100 pages before Win7 reaches RTM?

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Can confirm this problem using my A2. Daniel_k's audigy drivers for vista in w7 seems to have sorted the problem although most audio apps off the cd don't work, but, most of the important stuff does work.

19. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
  20. Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC2 626/2000
    This all sounds pretty good, I'm due a format anyway so I think I'll give this a go later.

I'm pretty sure I don't use anything that won't work with it but I just need to check what drivers I'll have to use for my BFG 8800GTX OC2 - I'll be using Win 7 64-bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.