Windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cockneysean, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aweston

aweston Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 260 896MB
    Hummm. No.. I think my online communication skills are lacking slightly.. What appears to be coming out in print isn't synonymous with what's in my brain.

I *meant* to imply that the taskbar did exist, that you only had to "hack" the build with a fix published on the internet. I actually didn't realize you posted it on the first page of this thread.

There are so many different names and screens in here I'm now *wicked* confused and am going back to read over again..

You may realize that it's not the same, but what *I* got from the others was that it was.. So I pointed out that it wasn't.

In fact, one fellow appeared to be telling me I had no idea what I was talking about and provided some link that itself had the information wrong.

It's appearing to me that there are one or two people in this thread that actually have a clue, and the rest are just wannabe pirates, downloading off of torrents and reading some erroneous website info.

As for the last dig in your post.. that's probably one of the oldest insult tricks in the book of "opponent denagration a'la 80's style debate tactics"... True or not, you'll have to do better than that.

2. aweston

aweston Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 260 896MB
    Anyways.... Back to Windows 7...

Lost in all the confusion I posted a link from Hexus about the PDC demo.. Since nobody here has the hardware (or even the right build) to utilize... Possibly some comments on that demo?

I was reminded instantly of Surface. That it's the destop version. That really excites me. The possibilities..........

3. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    Yes maybe you should re-read the thread including your own posts as you clearly haven't got a clue what is going on around you, high much ? The bong, glue, Prozac, lobotomy ?

If your 37 then you have got to be the most immature 37 year old i have ever had the discomfort of talking with. Nobody writes 1337 sp34k anymore, only IM scrip kiddies, so i guess we all know what that make you. Next time you want to pass as a 37 year old, don't write like your 13 it's pretty easy to see through.

Boy i can believe that alright. But i got no clue what's in your brain.

4. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Haha. thanks It took me sometime to get it all stable but was worth the money and time :nerd:,
    And if my post breach forum rules I would be more than happy to remove it, but cant see why it would isn't like there anything dodgy about my post, all things you can do within windows without Third-party software

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008

5. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
  6. aweston

aweston Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 260 896MB
    Yeah, I have no idea (and honestly, don't really care either.. lol). It was just a comment in passing really... A "sidenote" kinda thing.

Like I said, I wanted to comment on the rig specifically because it's amazing.. The 280's caught my eye first. Awesome cards.... and then SLI.. *drool*.

7. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    1337:banana:
    This thread has totaly cracked me up....

8. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    for you XFI users..

http://i33.tinypic.com/mbl6xu.png

you can use the compatibility mode (RTM) and install the creative drivers,

1 do not try to set 5.1 or 7.1 in the console

2 go into your playback devices

3 click speakers and then config

4 set to whatever surround you want..

in my case 5.1

[​IMG]

5 go back to your creative console

6 set your speakers to what you want, (it has to match what you put in the playback devices)

[​IMG]

7 Creative Player also works in Windows 7

[​IMG]

hope this helps..

9. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    Can't they just make a 64bit version of windows 7..... i hate all the hassle with softwares if there is a 32and a 64bit

10. penguin17

penguin17 Guest

GPU:
    Msi N460GTX 1GD5
    There is a 64bit windows 7

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Whenever i tried to install driver, official and modded for my Audigy SE, at the moment driver were installing, BSOD was there, so i couldn't install them at all.

12. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    Trying Windows 7 64 Bit seems to be running great so far :)

13. penguin17

penguin17 Guest

GPU:
    Msi N460GTX 1GD5
    Mine was running fine til i lost all the icons in the control panel and couldn't bring up properties on my computer, think a similar thing happened b4 sp1 in vista though.

14. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Im gutted i was hoping Windows 7 was going to be revolutionary and a ball park away from vista, this early build just looks like vista.

15. uncleknacker

uncleknacker Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070
    The GUI of Windows 7 is likely to be different once it is RTM. Remember the vast difference between the look of Vista Beta 1 compared to Beta 2, RC's and the RTM? The GUI will continue to be changed throughout development.

I'm very excited about Windows 7. All reports suggest that the pre-beta 6801build is either comparable, or slightly better than Vista SP1/pre-beta SP2 in performance and installation. Some people are running it as their primary OS and are even gaming in it already. If it's running that well as a pre-beta build, then it I can't wait to see what the RTM will be like.

16. NathanMS

NathanMS Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD6770M
    windows 7 as secundary OS, runing games very well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  17. Animatrix

Animatrix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC2 512
    I know it's been said a million times before, but apparently it's not getting through. Now I'm not sure how much the UI will change but no one in their right mind would start with the UI. The UI is not something you finish before all the rest, it comes last. It's like if your making a new car and want to test the motor and so on but you haven't come up with the design for the body yet (lets leave aerodynamic out of the equation), you can test the stuff in the old models body just to see how it runs. No the car makers probably don't do that because who knows if it would even fit etc. but it's just a example.

This is how the M3 build of Longhorn looked...see anything you recognize ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Windows_Longhorn_Build_3683.png

18. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    UI and visual similarities isnt a point, those can be easily changed anyway. what sucks is if they keep the same look and feel for stuff like Explorer or even the same stupid ugly Cursor.
    thank god for Cursor fX but still, i dont get why MS bothers with some eye candy and doesnt include others.

i'd like to see them include Dreamscene by default and orginize settings under one menu, like network settings is a different area than changing explorer settings and same goes for system protection..etc.
    thats why i like tweaking apps like TweakVI...many settings under one single icon, users shouldnt have to hunt down services.msc and then hunt system protection....put them all under one interface for gods sake
    all the windows, sub-windows, folders and subfolders makes getting around more difficult

19. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    (6801) 64bit is running on my system, It's rock solid stable so far. I played Left 4 dead for a hour and it ran great even had microphone working and multiplayer, not a single crash so far and only a couple of things that are keeping me from making it my primary OS, like daemon tools installer isn't working right atm, logitech g15 drivers install and work but some of the lcd applets crash.

It's like vista perfected, its faster than vista, less overhead (currently using 15% less memory than vista) more usability features.

vista drivers work fine in win7 nvidia 180.44 , xfi SBXF_PCDRVBETA_US_2_18_0006 after setting installers for vista compatibility. Dual monitors also works.

20. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Has anyone that has installed windows 7 experienced any problems with installing nvidia Raid drivers? after installing them i cant seem to get into windows after. just crashes on the boot up screen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.