1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Reinstall issues

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Jordynho, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Jordynho

Jordynho New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7800
    Dear users,

First of i'll start off with my specs (I'm aware it's a bit outdated but that never caused any issues untill the reinstall)

MSI 760GA-P43(FX) (MS-7699)
    AMD FX6300 3.5Ghz
    AMD Radeon HD 7800
    8 GB RAM DDR3
    1 TB HDD
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (SP1)

So now for my problem:

So I was running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate ever since I got this pc (desktop). And everything was running fine untill i decided to go ahead with my biggest regret to date and that was trying to update to windows 10 through the usb media creation tool. Once in windows 10 I tried playing games etc after installing the drivers obviously and noticed my fps was just worse than it was before and everything wasn't "smooth". So after a lot of tweaking with windows 10 settings (xbox dvr, full screen opt, ..) I couldn't fix it so I decided to reinstall windows 7 again. Now once on windows 7 it started off weirdly already as I was locked to a Standard VGA adapter and everything was already so laggy. I managed to fix that by updating my GPU drivers and it eventually recognized my GPU. Now however after installing all my drivers and stuff my fps is still not what it was before I ever updated. Now I managed to get some back by alot of tweaks in windows settings etc but it doesn't feel like it used to yet and it doesn't feel smooth. Not only is this happening in games but also on the desktop. It feels like my mouse and keyboard have some small input lag and my mouse feels very stuttery, I notice it the slower I move it and especially when i hover it over graphics intensive stuff like videos or whatever. Also scrolling in certain applications just doesn't feel smooth at all and nearly gives me a headache lol. I've been trying to fix this for nearly a week now and i'm completely clueless. What could this be? It's just like everything is just not smooth anymore and I have a 144Hz and it used to be smooth as butter. Btw my temps are fine, they are on 40-50 on idle and 60-70 at load (While my room is super hot cause it's really hot outside) Does Reinstalling windows change something in my BIOS maybe or what, i'm clueless, really hoping someone can help me out here!

Kind regards,

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the 760G chipset was not built for running FX processors.

It can, but it shouldn't, there are limitations of support as soon as you go lower than the 990 boards with hypertransport default limits coming into act.

you probably are in need of the bulldozer scheduler update, but microsoft are no longer providing windows 7 kb patches.

3. Jordynho

Jordynho New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7800
    Hello Astya, I really appreciate your reply. However i'm not entirely sure what this really means. It confuses me to the part where it used to run smoothly before, also I've tried in windows 10 with fully updated updates. Also I can't remember if I turned AMD Cool'n'Quiet off in the past but could this affect performance and be turned on again while it was reinstalling? (if that is the case). My main concerns regarding this issue was GPU drivers or something, since it installed on a Standard VGA Adapter which is weird and didn't do this on Windows 10. But I tried using DDU and Clean installing the drivers including trying out older drivers without any success. Also I've been monitoring, while hovering my mouse over a video playing in Google Chrome my cpu usage can go up to around 60% which sounds unusual to me but maybe i'm wrong. I look forward to some more troubleshooting!

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

5. Jordynho

Jordynho New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7800
    Hello, I've downloaded them and tried to install them but I get the error saying that they are not applicable to my computer. I also don't remember downloading those before I reinstalled and that's when everything was fine. It's worth mentioning everytime i reinstalled windows I chose to remove all files yet sometimes there were still someleftover files but mainly everything was gone which is also weird in my opinion. Is there like a program that could tell me if maybe I have faulty drivers installed? Like I said at first I thought it was some kind of GPU driver issue but DDU clean reinstall didn't fix it so i'm so lost.

Also noticed this in DxDiag, but it probably means nothing https://gyazo.com/cb955e3390fbf7ca6061a16b91f9578b

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019