1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Photo Viewer

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by CWA Rep, Feb 2, 2010.

1. CWA Rep

CWA Rep New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphi
    Recently when I try viewing my photos, (which I use Windows Photo Viewer as my default for jpeg viewing) I get the following error. "Windows Photo Viewer can’t display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. Close some programs that you aren’t using or free some hard disk space (if is almost full) and then try again."

I should have sufficient memory, because I have 4 gb of ram and don't have any other "memory" type issues, plus I've got at least 11 gig of HD space available. The program worked until recently (last 5-6 days). Can't think of/remember anything I've added, installed or removed that would have affected Windows Photo Viewer. Suggestions for a fix welcomed, including a way of re-installing Windows Photo Viewer, if possible. By the way I can view any/all my pictures with either Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro programs I have.

Sorry, but I posted this problem again today, thinking it might not have posted the first time... because I didn't find where I posted it until now. So much here to see/learn and so little expirience doing such...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. [Shadowcat]

[Shadowcat] Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 4890
    Next solution is not from me, i found it on an other forum, but it might help you :)

The solution is to remove the profiles installed by your monitor drivers. To do this, go to Control Panel, Color Management, click on tab "All Profiles", and remove any profile associated with your monitor. Also, change your monitor driver back to "Generic PnP Monitor" or generic Digital Flat if thats what you have. Good luck.

3. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    i use acdsee 3 pro awsome soft!!!!!!!

4. CWA Rep

CWA Rep New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphi
    Shadow cat... I understand the solution you gave is a pass on. However, I'm wondering if you have a bit of insight concerning it. I went to Control Panel and Color Management, then clicked on "All Profiles" tab. At the top of the list there are some things I'm not familiar with, ie, WCS Device Profiles, WCS Viewing Conditions Profiles, and WCS Gammit Mapping Profiles. Each have two file names listed. Then below those three is a large grouping under the heading ICC Profiles, beginning with (under the heading "Names") "Wide Gammit RGB" and ending with Adobe RGB (1998). To the right of each of the listings of "Names" is "File Name" and then "Class". Under the "Class" column I see where things such as my printer, display and scanner are listed numerous times. I counted up at least 15 instances where "Display" was listed. So my question is... (you may not be able to answer it since you just passed on the solution) which of all the above stated listings would be "profiles associated with my monitor?" that I would need to delete? Assuming the word "Display" means one's monitor, but realizing that to assume is to err. So, until I get some verification I don't want to go deleting a whole bunch of file associations, on something I know nothing about... if you understand what I mean???

5. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Just do a system restore to a point to where the machine was working. Problem solved usually.

6. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Could be Vram somehow

or use Picasa imo best free photo viewer there is :)