Windows 7 Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer volume resets to 31 percent after sleeping or changing mode

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Compact, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Compact

Compact Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 470
    Hey.

I don't know if it's the right place to ask, but is there any definite solution to this problem? I've seen this problem mentioned in other places, but with no working solution. This problem sometimes fixes itself seemingly at random for me, but now after I had to do a system restore, the problem is back and now I can't make it work properly again.

It's a real pain for me, as I play a lot of older games and I would like to use automatic mode switcher for game mode, but I have to alt+tab(or in case of most of my games, ctrl+alt+delete, click minimize) everytime to correct the volume, it defeats the purpose of automatic mode switching.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: I actually found a solution. It works for me, I can't guarantee it will work for other people though.

1. Go to your windows folder. Search for "ct_oal". Rename the file located in syswow64.
    2. Search for "wrap_oal". Rename the file located in system32.
    3. Set the volume how you want it to be in your selected mode.
    4. Switch to (iterate over) every mode available in your panel(game mode, entertaiment mode, audio creation mode)
    5. After every switch verify that the audio is set to the level you want.
    6. Rename files mentioned in the point 1, 2 to their original.
    7. You are done

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018