Windows 7 Build 7048 and ATI = Excellent

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Mele, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Mele

Mele Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
    To think I was soooo close to ditching my HD4870X2 because of all the driver issue crap in Windows 7 and go jump on the Nvidia's GTX 295 bandwagon. I installed Windows 7 Build 7048 and I was blown away at how flawless this card and Catalyst Drivers 8.12 up to 9.2 were working. Image quality=IQ is stunning, Performance and Compatibility beyond excellent. If you have an HDTV at 1920x1080p be prepared for Awesomenes.

I'm not going into anymore detail other than now I am extremely satisfied and the excitement will be even greater when Catalyst 9.3 is released. I suggest anybody running Windows 7 upgrade to this latest build if you can get your hands on it. Its a Beautiful Thing, Microsoft hit a Home Run with Se7en and this current build just confirms it. I believe an amazing RTM is eminent.

So in the end F^&%%^&&^ you Nvidia Fanboys and your GTX 295 Holy Grail, I'm loving my ATI Radeon HD4870X2! :flip:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    HAHA just wait untill ledhead posts on here.. my 295 bla bla and my crossfire disaster.. and ati drivers my god, O did i happen to show these benchmarks?>

"he posts anandtech a million times on here"

Great! I havent tried the new 7 build but congrats!

3. Im2bad

Im2bad Guest

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    It's great that you're satisfied with ATI, but there's just one thing, why in the world would you change a graphics card because of a beta OS and beta drivers? That just doesn't make any sense. Of course the drivers will have issues because they're not finished.

4. Pav4o

Pav4o Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970@1025MHz
    Well, I think many people are satisfied with ATI, but most of them are jealous to share their happiness :) That's why we read mostly cries of dissatisfaction some of them quite ridiculous, to be sure (e.g. Catalyst 9.2 broke my computer :p).
    Now seriously, I am very satisfied with what happened with the 9.x series of drivers. Actually the only complaint I had was the infamous atikmdag error on my dual-monitor configuration. Ever since this bug was fixed in Catalyst 9.1, my card has been working flawlessly both in Vista SP2 beta and Windows 7 Beta 1. No wonder therefore that things are getting better in the newer builds of Windows 7.

5. Mele

Mele Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

Your right about that, don't have no excuse.

Man I read in another post about someone saying Nvidia's GTX 295 having better IQ than ATI's HD4870X2, well all I can say about that is "BULL"! This cards IQ is on Awesome Level. I have seen the Evga GTX 295 IQ in games like Crysis Warhead and the HD4870X2 is so much better. In fact while I was contemplating to getting that exact GTX 295 card, in the back of my mind I was thinking.."Man I am sure gonna miss the Image Quality in my HD4870X2 when I switch cards".

6. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Haha that's awesome. =)

***Edit***
    @tyRant.594
    Haha yeah, shouldn't take too long now :D

7. pekka

pekka Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    i installed that one yesterday but it has some incompatibility issues that i can´t oversee so i went vista again until better support on applications is implemented like D.tools can´t use it no matter what and others more important

8. Im2bad

Im2bad Guest

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Wait a minute, you said that you got Catalyst 9.2 working on it? It was a Vista driver right? Then again, it might be the newer build that has got the Vista drivers working, because on build 7000 they caused BSOD's if I remember right.

9. dipanzan

dipanzan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 OC 1GB
    would u be kind enough to post some pictures regarding IQ at ur rez

10. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    Im using Windows 7 7048 x64 as my primary OS now... it literally kicks Vista's ass every day of the month ... :p

I mean everything flows so much better, faster and more stable.... wonderful :D

11. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    Yes its stable for me aswell.

Whats with soooo many people complaining about ATI drivers?
    i was having hard lock problems, turns out out to be not enough voltage in the ram. Im saying i thought it was driver problems.

12. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    VirtualCloneDrive Works like a charm :nerd:

13. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    I couldnt change my videocard not even if Windows 9 is released :banana:

14. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I love ATI as much as Nvidia but how can your EYES see the diference !

15. sunderland

sunderland Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5770
    not if you like playing games on punkbuster its not,real pain in the arse keep getting kicked every 30 seconds or less :bang:

16. witlzei

witlzei Guest

GPU:
    GB 760
  17. sunderland

sunderland Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5770
    thanks for the link but still doing it,going to install the game again then update it all including punkbuster and if it still does it i will cry:biggun:,wished i had bought it of steam now

18. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
  19. poedoom

poedoom Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire hd4870
    Could not agree more

any1 bothered to run dxdiag yet in build 7048? dx11 is here :)

20. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It was in beta 1 too.