Windows 7 bugs, errors, BSODs reports and it solution

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Gameslove, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @Rnesto - That sounds like your SATA port had developed a fault causing the correct HDD speed to fail to be detected.

2. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    normally leave laptop on over night, my laptop has been on for about 6 months non stop never been switched off and got my first bsod over night, wasnt impressed at all.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Yeah I have to do the same thing, its kind of annoying to go away and leave my PC to come back and have it gone to sleep and not be able to come out of sleep mode, usually results in me having to do a hard reset/reboot. Other than that I've had the occasional driver issue, but as Finch says hardware manufacturers are still updating their drivers, firmwares, and BIOS's to support the new OS.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  4. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    I have dual boot Win7/WinVista, and installation went well, working with no issues in 7 whatsoever. Encouraged with that fact, I went installing Win7 on my GF computer, installation went well also, but when Windows started for the first time, it got stuck on ''Preparing your desktop''. HDD lamp is turned on, and picture on monitor gets frozen. I tried reinstalling, nothing happened, I entered safe mode, then restarted and then it went through ''Preparing your desktop'', but all is well until next restart. After I restart, computer gets frozen again and again. Help guys, I'm desperate (my Girlfriend is, but that hits me also:banana:)

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    An update on my Crysis and Need for Speed SHIFT issues with Windows 7... basically I've fixed both now so I can play the games as normal.

Crysis, it seems, will not work under Windows 7 properly if you use the NoDVD hacks, it will only run from the disc. I discovered this when I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from the disc, only to find out that the unpatched v1.0 ran perfectly, both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions in DX10 mode (I didn't test DX9 but I'm sure that would work too). I then patched the games to v1.21 and reinstated the NoDVD files and the 64-bit game started hanging again during loading again and the 32-bit version would only load to 14%. I decided to try the original files and run the updated game from the DVD and it works perfectly. The 64-bit is completely stable and it even works with the superb RealLifesis mod. :D

With SHIFT, the solution was a bit more complex but I posted the workaround here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/330642.page#3159269

So that's two issues sorted for me, although I'd still like a NoDVD hack for Crysis as I hate having to continually swap discs between games when all the data is already on the hard drive anyway. Seems to 1990s to me!

If I can just find out why Dark Messiah: Might & Magic sometimes crashes during loading or upon exiting the game then that'll be all my games working under Windows 7.

6. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    I have not had any bugs besides sleep mode not sending a signal to my monitor upon awakining but I had this problem on my 775 board with vista as well.

It would work fine for a week and then not work anymore.

Also IE8 still will not let me load into Sprint.com account and will not display my virgin mobile account page it only shows text.

And that anoying message about the comp is running slow upon exiting certain games.

7. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI Duke
    Yeah, I turned off this options because of that aero delay on opening and closing windows.

[​IMG]