Windows 7 64 bit & 4770's

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Fith, May 28, 2009.

1. Fith

Fith New Member

GPU:
    2x Asus 4770 - 37"@1080p
    I have followed this article http://www.guru3d.com/article/overclocking-the-radeon-hd-4770/2 with regards to installing Rivatuner 2.24. I have copied the 4770 cfg file across. I do not get the little 'gfx card' and 'chip' symbol. It reports as 'No additional info' under the 'ATI Radeon HD 4770 / Generic pnp monitor' drop down.

Is this compatible with Win7 - 64?

I have seen this [Vista x64 (disabled driver signature checking required)] in the Rivatuner page. Is this relevant to win7 64? If so how do you do this?

I have 2 Asus 4770's in crossfire.

2. matt2k

matt2k New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4770 xFire
    hahaha, i just posted asking exactly the same thing.
    do you also get the "unsigned drivers" message when starting up RT?

im using the windows 7 beta drivers from ati, maybe i'll change to the vist x64 drivers *shrug*

3. demon148

demon148 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 512mb 8800GT
    Rivatuner and windows 7 graphics driver are not fully compatible with Windows 7, I have a 8800GT card and it doesnt show my info. I take it you are using the new windows 7 drivers for the 4770? Rivatuner at present revolves around WDM 1.0 drivers (vista) and Windows 7 has WDM 1.1 drivers, until the new release this is how it is.

4. Fith

Fith New Member

GPU:
    2x Asus 4770 - 37"@1080p
    @Matt2k:

Yes.

@Demon148:

So... you are saying just wait for the next Rivatuner? Thats ok. Didn't I read that it's due out soon, maybe June?

5. demon148

demon148 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 512mb 8800GT
    I think it is June, cant exactley remember, but it will be somewhere around this site.

6. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I know you can force the driver version with nVidia driver. I've enable driver emulation mode under Windows Seven 7 RC 7100 (Power user tab --> \System --> Force Driver Version) to be able to access overclocking and fan speed, for instance.

You just need to set the value to your drivers' version number (numerals only, no points).