Windows 2000 and Powestrip

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by darth0r, Feb 24, 2003.

1. darth0r

darth0r New Member

GPU:
    Palit 460 GTX 1024
    I use powerstrip to force windows 2000 using 85hz instead the default (60), but when i do this, mouse movement becames a little 'crappy' and i realize when i play games.

For example, in Counter-Strike when i walk straigh is ok, but when i move the mouse to turn a corner the image sequence is not smooth as it have to be. Same thing in other fps games. (my mouse is a Logitech MX300 in USB, but i also tryied to use it in the ps2 port with the same results).

I have installed many drivers (from 41.09 to 42.90) and i have exactly the same mouse 'crappy' movement in all the drivers (of course i know how to install them...).
    I even try to uninstall powersrtip and installing another refresh fix programs (like Reforce), but the same thing, mouse movement is little crappy at 85hz and ok at 60 hz ...

Any posible solution for my problem? many thx :)

PD: im from spain and sometimes my english sux xD

2. braydenw

braydenw Guest

is your anti-anializing turned on i noticed that in my half-life games movment sideways with my mouse became a little choppy so i oc'ed my graphics card a little more and it was fine after
    hope it helped

3. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    usually problems like these are due to V-Sync.. try playing around with it.

4. darth0r

darth0r New Member

GPU:
    Palit 460 GTX 1024
    done :)

the crappy movement was due to the "mouse filter" variable in fps games (im lammer :/). Now it's fixed and i can play ok again :D

Thx for the replies anyway :)