1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 19H1 and BattlEye

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Forceflow, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Forceflow

Forceflow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Throughout development of Windows 19H1, there were several GSOD-resulting problems with BattlEye, a popular anti-cheat service. Now the release of 19H1 (aka 1903, aka May Update) is upon us, I thought it would be good to make a thread, since there's still a lot of confusion about:
    • Which games still result in GSOD/BSOD when launching BE?
    • Which games are still in the upgrade block (a piece of code that checks if your PC is eligable for Windows Upgrade), preventing people from updating to 19H1?
    • Which games were updated and are without any problems?
    So, if you reply to this thread:
    • Describe your update path (clean install, upgraded to insider preview, made an ISO and upgraded)
    • Describe any problems you have
    Some more info on BattlEye

Full list of games using BattlEye can be found here. The problem that popped up during 19H1 development is that the BE driver (BeDaisy.sys) which is loaded at runtime makes some undocumented calls in kernel space. 19H1 did some security hardening, resulting in these calls to crash the system. Since then, it has been on BE (and the game developers) to release updates to prevent this problem.

You have to run each BattlEye-enabled game at least once to make it place its BattlEye files in C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Battleye. These are the dates of the BE executables in that Program Files folder after letting them all update and run: https://imgur.com/59OGwum (fn = Fortnite, r6s: Rainbow Six:Siege, pubg = well, pubg :) )

[​IMG]

When a game launches, the executables in this folder get run. Each process spawns their own bedaisy.sys, so there's no one version of BattlEye running on your system: every game comes with its own release.

Jackalito likes this.
  2. Forceflow

Forceflow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    As for myself: Still running 1809 and waiting until 19H1 pops up for wide release. I remember the disastrous 1809 release a bit too well :)

Strange Times likes this.
  3. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Hi, I've been an insider for awhile now and had the battle eye corrupt memory error (pubg) since November last year, didn't bother me much anyway didn't like the game but just for laughs did a fresh install of 1809 and alls good.

4. Strange Times

Strange Times Active Member

GPU:
    RX 580
    rainbow six same

5. Forceflow

Forceflow Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Thanks for your reports, I guess we can add R6: Siege and PUBG to the games having fixed their BattlEye executables.