1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 1803 keeps ressetting audio settings

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by terrybogard, Aug 17, 2018.

1. terrybogard

terrybogard Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980TI
    Hey guys I have had this problem in a while now and I can't seem to figure out how to solve the problem. Hope some of you can help me out.
    The problem is that after I updated my Windows 10 X64bit to version 1803, my sound settings keeps getting reset. The settings I am talking about is the speaker setup which is set to 5.1 and the frequency which is set to 192000hz 24bit.
    The problem is that Windows keeps ressetting these settings to 2.0 and 16bit 44000hz.
    This happens periodically, which means that I can reset my pc and the settings are still the same. But some times it just resets the settings.
    I have connected my Geforce 980TI to my Denon X1400H reciever via HDMI and yes the HDMI cable is 2.0a
    I also have a 4K monitor connected to my setup, but Windows is setup to use only one monitor/tv at a time. So if I forexample shut down my TV (1080P) the monitor starts up instead :)
    I on't know if anyone is familiar with this problem, but if you have a solution for it, PLEASE share it.

Thx.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i saw 1803 reset the audio input on my hdmi connection a few times, I have not checked if it changes speaker set up for is frequency cause I dont change them anymore

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  3. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    Frequency:
    192000hz 24bit is inaudible to the human ear compared to 44000hz. Do make a search> It only makes the CPU works harder.

Concerning the reset to Stereo (2.0 channel):

The issue is hardware polling.

Each time your device turns off, and back on, Windows sets it up as a completely new device. I speculate this is what's causing the HDMI sound configuration to keep resetting to Stereo. (2.0)

Solution WHICH I HAVE NEVER DONE (be sure): Strip the wire and cut the wire associated with the "Hot Plug Detect" pin which is pin 19 of the HDMI connector.
    Then the computer acts as though the tv/monitor is always turned ON.

Also Try this first:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah there is something up with 1803 in 1607 build IF i switched to my s517 TV audio automaticlly switched to s517 audio and when I switched back to my monitor the monitor switched back to realtek audio, in 1803 if I switch to s517 which I switch to input then stay on s517 audio when I swith back to my monitor. instead of switching to realtek audio,

Then again I also install Nvidia audio drivers for first time in years, so maybe it that causing the issue? but i dont test that theroy out till I next change gpu drivers which I wont install nvidia audio drivers and see if still happening current using 398.82