Windows 11 Release Build

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 4, 2021.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What is VBS?

2. blunden

blunden Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Virtualization Based Security.

386SX and -Tj- like this.
  3. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
  4. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    aaa.jpg

'The trial period for this application ends. Please visit the store to buy the full version of the app."

I have this every time when i try to start ms store game, for example forza 7. I have full version and all games works on xbox. I don't have and I never bought game pass.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021

5. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Running Android apps side by side. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    386SX and MerolaC like this.
  6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    My notification area including clock has started disappearing randomly after restarts and only a restart fixes it. Also, the Windows start menu seems to stop working completely until a reboot when tasking out of various full screen games. Has anybody else been experiencing this on the latest Windows 11 release build 22000.282 and knows how to fix it?
    I've noticed that it started happening after installing the new Nvidia GeForce 496.49 drivers (I've never noticed it before on 496.13 or earlier), although that could be a coincidence.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Turn on the weather or people widget,

does the issue stop?

Windows 10 had a similar issue after weather got added, any time the dpi was increased the task bar region didn't resize to keep the tray area on screen, only occured with these features turned off.

the Start Menu issue is most likely a regression introduced by trying to fix the startmenuexperiencehost hang after driver updates.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  8. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Thank you. I have the widgets enabled, but I'll try with it disabled. However, since you mentioned DPI, I think I may have booted with the TV on a different HDMI output active which may have triggered windows thinking I installed a new monitor when switching back to the PC input which may have re-set the DPI setting.

Makes sense. I noticed that with the 496.49 driver installation the start menu didn't stop working, which it did every time before. I guess MS has to fix this regression then, we'll see how long it takes them. I guess I'll just install Start11 in the meantime and halt the experiment using the crappy native W11 start menu for the time being.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    My only issue with Win11 so far....is the cursor randomly disappearing since the "L3 cache fix" patch.....

10. andrewsilverland

andrewsilverland New Member

GPU:
    asus 1070
    as far as i know you can change all of those settings but for some reason they decided to rearrange where they are . if u look hard enough you'll find em i guess. i went back to win10. win11, to me, is just win10 with an ubuntu gui

11. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi guys, i got the upgrade option this morning but waited until i finished work tonight, upgrade went with out issue and win11 looks and feels fine....except for 1 niggle...did they completely remove the browser link tab option from the task bar or has it been hidden really well

12. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Manage to use my Host GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 in Hyper-V VM and it truly run.

Try benchmark Unigine Heaven Extreme and scores average of 238.6 FPS.
    Never though Hyper-V is so awesome and I think the only VM machine can use Host GPU.

[​IMG]

Tutorial Link:

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Does Start11 work for you?
    Tried the newest version a few days ago and ended up removing it after a crash.
    Not quite sure, but I suspect that it does some shell injection that slows some things down too, some explorer operations feel less responsive with it running.
    I might just end up sticking to the native Windows Start, since it doesn't cause any issues.

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Use start all back its much better

15. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yes it works, no problems with Start11 here, except some minor text corruption in the Start11 settings here and there when HDR is enabled. The normal Windows 11 one doesn't work well, though, it always crashes for me when using the windows key in full screen games for whatever reason and won't work until I restart the computer (I tried on three PCs, all on the release channel 22000.282 all have the same problem - it may be 282 that's causing this).

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Make sure you update after install, as it's up to 0.95 currently.

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Doesn't cover the Windows 11 Start Menu, I want that as centered with the option to group programs besides the better transparency options for the menu and taskbar and the ability to resize the fonts slightly.

I did

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    @Mineria

Only issue I had with Start11 was the notification icons disappearing, which was fixed in 0.94. Never had a crash issue. I would uninstall it, delete any dirs it made, and reinstall using latest installer.

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Been there, done that.
    After last time I tried I did use their bat file which should clean up further, but I did find leftovers both in the filesystem as in the registry and even removed those manually, but most uninstallers still don't manage to properly remove all their crappy leftovers including some of Microsofts own.

The crash came when alt tabbing from a game and opening the start menu, something that doesn't happen with the native one.
    Maybe Start11 works perfect in some months or maybe not, at least I'm used to Windows 11's native menu now.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @Mineria

i kind sad that in 2021 we still have uninstallers that DONT remove EVERYTHING they changed i would thought by now that would been non issue,:rolleyes:

Sylencer and Mineria like this.