Windows 11 Release Build

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by disq, Oct 4, 2021.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    When are we expecting this moment 5 update?

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Hey guys, im on Windows 11 Pro 22H2 / 22621.3235 / Feature Experience Pack 1000.22687.1000.0

How can i update to 23H2?

opening Settings > Windows Update, turning on “Get the latest updates as soon as they're available,” and selecting Check for updates.

This doesnt work.

3. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    You can use one of these 3 methods provided by Microsoft:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11

I'd just start with the Installation Assistant.
    Good luck!

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    OS Builds 22621.3235 and 22631.3235

Highlights
    • New! The Phone Link settings page has a new name: Mobile devices. Go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Mobile devices.

• New! You can now use the Snipping Tool on your PC to edit the most recent photos and screenshots from your Android device. You will get an instant notification on your PC when your Android device captures a new photo or screenshot. To turn this on, go to Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Mobile devices. Choose Manage devices and allow your PC to access your Android device.

• New! This update adds support for the USB 80Gbps standard. It is the next generation of USB4 that has twice the bandwidth of USB 40Gbps. To use USB 80Gbps, you must have a compatible PC and USB4 or Thunderbolt™ peripheral.

• This update affects games you install on a secondary drive. Now, they remain installed on the drive.

• This update addresses an issue that affects long-edge fed printers. The alignment of stapling or hole punch locations is wrong.

• This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Settings Home page. It randomly stops responding when you go to the page.

• This update addresses an issue that affects networking. A device fails to make the automatic switch from cellular to Wi-Fi when it can use Wi-Fi.

• This update addresses an issue that stops a system from going to sleep. This occurs when you connect an external device to the system.

• This update affects the Windows Backup app. It will no longer show on the user interface in regions where the app is not supported.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Does this mean one can Reinstall windows and point new install and game on other drive, and NOT have to reinstall/download them? Last heard you could not do that, never mind the encryption going that last i heard made modding and issue threw there store bought games

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    No idea. Never tried it myself. Probably just means that Windows will now remember the drive and location, etc.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will probably never have to find out either seeing I wont buy games off MS store let alone use it. all my games are from steam or gog. I know there was some on the forums that had nothing but problem with MS store and games but i forgot who that was.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    pharma likes this.
  8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Windows store used to be a mess, but in the last few month's it's got steadily better.

9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    The Windows Store or Xbox App is easily the worst place to buy games from.
    I have gamepass ultimate, so I get many games "for free", but it's a very limited experience. And every once in a while there are issues.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, you still hit the encryption keys being wiped.

11. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    testing windows 11 iot enterprise ltsc build 26100 with 700mb of ram VM

[​IMG]

12. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
  13. Is anyone else getting an Explorer.exe crash / error when shutting down computer?

I keep getting one that says something along the lines "the memory could not be "read" at address XXXXXXX", doesn't happen every time but often.

W11 22631.3527

Archvile82 likes this.
  14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    on same version, and no, no Explorer crashes. Run SFC /scannow to check for corrupted OS files.

15. Did and it did find some corruption, repaired and hasn't happened since, thanks

16. INTERACTiV3

INTERACTiV3 Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Its Win 11

center text alignment on pins in Start menu looks broken:

[​IMG]

Did someone have the same bug?

Last edited: May 30, 2024
  17. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    (KB5037853) released fixed checkerboard in Chrome, edge and Discord.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Broke or not startmenu still looks 2 steps back from 10, along with the starbar

19. disq

disq Master Guru

GPU:
    June 11, 2024—KB5039212 (OS Builds 22621.3737 and 22631.3737)
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/5039212

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    +1

I avoid the Windows Store / Xbox App for games like the plague due to the issues I've experienced over the last three years and prefer instead to just buy them on Steam where they predictably work fine without a single issue despite being installed to the same drives. The Windows Store works fine for smaller non-gaming apps but anything large and it just stumbles in my experience.

I've had to contend with games breaking from borked updates (this was very common for me) and being unable to simply transfer my games over from a previously used drive to a new PC to avoid having to redownload them all again like you can with Steam, Battle.net, Ubi Connect etc. You cannot do this with Microsoft games because the installs are locked to a unique device ID when it is installed and this changes when you add it to a new PC as I found out back in December 2022, presumably to prevent piracy?

Anyway, I cancelled GamePass Ultimate because of these issues and the fact that there is very little of interest on there these days (Xbox is honestly pretty crappy these days). It was little more way for me to try a "demo" and if I liked them then I'd just buy it on Steam. Not really worth the £11.99 it was costing me per month so that was that.