Windows 11 Insider Builds

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by WhiskeyOmega, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    What you describe does not exist, there no option for components

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What he is "describing" is just a copypasta of an outdated "how to disable windows defender" guide... it used to be valid but not anymore.

On the current build of 10 it is titled "Microsoft Defender Antivirus" in local group policy editor, not sure what it's called on 11? I'm guessing the same, microsoft changed it's behavior for Home to always re-enable itself after a restart, that defender control program is the only thing I found that managed to control it for Home, if there is a manual way to still do it for Home I would love to know.

Passus likes this.
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    To be honest I just add exclusions to some drives and basically have defender just monitor C:

I am pretty security conscious so I am confident in how I roll lol

4. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT

Friend is not a copy and paste .... I find myself running the latest build dev and I'm insider since I don't know 'more' how long ..... I would like to better understand your problem or rather I do not understand what you are looking for at this point ...

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It's just one of the old methods, it's no longer valid... the link below is the method you are referring too.

https://www.minitool.com/news/disable-windows-defender-win10.html

What I am looking for? not exactly sure, perhaps the meaning of life... just conversing with @Espionage724 about disabling Windows Defender by suggesting a certain program which he then would like to know the method the program uses to disable windows defender which I do not know unfortunately... I then mentioned 10 Home and how the program works for that after microsoft changed windows defender for home versions of windows, then Espionage724 mentioned the program doesn't work with 11............................................................

*stares off into the distance pondering why am I even writing this*

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Exclude the directories or drives you want full performance on.

Passus likes this.
  7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    On 11: Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Real-time Protection
    Note that Tamper Protection needs to be disabled in Windows Security before disabling real-time protection via gpedit.

After you disable both dive into regedit, take ownership of the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender
    Add the following 3 entries:
    DWORD (32-bit) parameter named ServiceStartStates and a value of 1
    DWORD (32-bit) parameter named DisableAntiSpyware and set to 1
    DWORD (32-bit) parameter named DisableAntiVirus and set to 1

Reboot the PC.

How to Completely Disable Microsoft Defender in Windows 11: 3 Easy Ways - TechRechard

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    KissSh0t likes this.
  8. mais4u

mais4u Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT
    Hello, i really enjoy using the latest beta build of windows 11. I had no problems so far.
    But i was wondering if you guys have experienced Color Banding with Win 11 ?

I`m pretty sure i did not have this problem on Win 10. I was hoping win 11 is the culprit here and it needs a update!

9. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    The Windows 11 using much much more colors in their latest Fluent Design's Acrylic Effect.

If your monitor is not 10-bit then you will seen the color banding issue.

My latest PC was connect to 10-bit monitor with HDR/SDR - No color banding issue.
    My existing laptop was connect to 8-bit monitor with SDR - Some color banding issue.

10. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Member Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC

i use dControl very easy

11. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Does anyone know if the films rented or bought in Microsoft Store in Windows 11 support 4k UHD, HDR and surround sound or is it just limited to the Microsoft consoles.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    By the looks of it some of them do and Auto HDR may kick in as well, not sure though.

p1.png

However, its misleading as some of them don't even label what resolution you will get. But you can see that SpiderMan 2 for example lists 4K HDR in above screenshot.

Yet?
    p2.png

1080p is apparently UHD???

EDIT:

Looking at a newer movie like Once Upon A Time In Hollywood the same confusing labelling can be seen too. So its not just an issue with older movies.....

p3.png

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  13. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    Shoot, thanks for the reply anyway.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Stryx Rx 580
    Hello guys my question, can i install this windows 11 build on my system? Are there drivers for all the devices already available? Or shall i wait??

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What does this tool show for your system?

https://www.bytejams.com/

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Stryx Rx 580
    not supported, cpu and tpm.... so i can t install?

17. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Yes but it only playback as 4K UHD using Windows 11 Movies & TV app but no HDR. My monitor is HDR but the apps did not show any HDR logo. In this case I assume it is playback as SDR only.

It do can links with Movies Anywhere and you get 4K UHD HDR when playback using Movies Anywhere, it is better playback using Chromecast with Google TV or Apple TV 4K TV box.
    Also all your movies purchase elsewhere link at Movies Anywhere will also appear in Movies & TV later.

Please take noted it is depends on title and not every title is applicable.

Movies Anywhere is able to playback around the world without required of VPN but registration is for US citizen only.

The playback quality is very bad and hard to be clear using Microsoft Windows Movies & TV Apps. Microsoft Store is not a good place to purchase movies except if you plan to play it later using Movies Anywhere.

Even though it show 4K and HDR at Microsoft Store but you will not getting 4K HDR if playback using Movies & TV apps but only when using Movies Anywhere apps in Android or iOS (include iPad OS & tvOS).

Basically we are renting the film not own it. The film is expired in 1 January, 4000. :eek: It doesn't matter as no one will ever manage alive another 1,970+ years. :rolleyes:

The information at Microsoft Store.
    [​IMG]

It only show UHD but no HDR at Movies & TV apps.
    [​IMG]

For download, it is only up to HD quality, also you can seen I am connect link with my Movies Anywhere account.
    [​IMG]

Same movie is appear as Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos in Movies Anywhere and can playback as long as your device is support. Basically support device here is belongs to Android or iOS (include iPad OS & tvOS).
    [​IMG]

Below is the information you get if you did not purchase the film yet.
    You can choose to purchase SD, HD or UHD format.
    Nor matter what format, it cost all the same. In this case it is advisable straight purchase UHD format even your device not support as it is backward compatible and will reduce to the format your device support.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    you need to enable TPM in your BIOS, reboot and then check the application again and if it says you are compatible then go ahead but please make backups or do a dualboot.

19. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Actually it is kind of misleading and confusing.

Main part was showing the film can be stream on HD, 4K or HDR but it is depends on where you stream the film and also what kind of format you purchase.

For size part, that is belongs to download size not streaming. Since you only can download up to HD version, that why you won't see 4K size.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    This really does need changing to be more clear and concise.

Andrewtst likes this.