Windows 11 GameBar/DVR doesn't show Captures in Gallery Widgets

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by X7007, May 13, 2022 at 1:27 AM.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Does anyone have this issue an know how to fix it?

If I try to record using the GameBar or take Screenshot it doesn't show on the Gallery but it is in the Video/Captures folder and on the Xbox Companion, it was showing randomly some files that doesn't even exist like it's not refreshing itself, what makes it refresh the data?? I tried the WindowsSearch and all other configuration but nothing works, reset,repair,reinstalling. I'm lost about this

You can see the name of the file is not even exist in the folder but it's still there and all the other screenshot are not showing in the Gallery, but they show on the XboxCompanion app.

Does anyone know about this issue? I even tried Windows 11 Inplace upgrade and it didn't fix it, it must be some registry or something else.

upload_2022-5-13_2-26-36.png

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Not sure as I've never used Win 11, but it seems like you are confusing Captures for Screenshots. When I take a still image in Win 10, it goes to my Screenshots folder. Video captures go to my Captures folder. It seems your gallery is still seeing screenshots from Win 10 before the upgrade but not up to speed with incorporating Captures that are not video?

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT

it's the same folder for everyone, on my laptop windows 10 it works fine, I can't understand that.
    windows 10
    upload_2022-5-13_13-38-57.png

Windows 11
    [​IMG]

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti GX Trio
    Huh, well one of our setups isn't functioning correctly! :eek: I just checked to be sure and every time I save an image it goes to a folder named "Screenshots" inside the "Pictures" media folder that is natively on the drive where Windows is installed. Likewise, whenever I save a video clip through gamebar it saves to a folder named "Captures" inside the "Videos" media folder that is natively on the drive where Windows is installed.

I tried telling both of them to save to a new folder on my F drive but no luck, they are always going to those stock folders.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    open the location of that screenshot.