Windows 10240 maybe RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Shadowxaero, Jul 16, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    The pc sleeps, just only when I tell it to do so. The Process Lasso IdleSaver that I refer too, is changing Power Plan after a set amount of idle seconds. The program doesn't detect idleness. That's the problem.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Anyone using Realtek audio drivers in Windows 10? Does your headphone jack pop/crackle when opening a game?

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    RTM or not, it was likely meant to be RTM, that is reason why there is no longer watermark with insider info and build.
    With W7 RTM still had watermark, so it is either m$ inconsistency, or they were simply sure this is it and that they have done enough to release it.

4. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    w7 rtm definitely has no watermark.

no rtm will ever have a watermark.

5. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Windows 10 build 10240 has been given to OEMs, partners and Insiders. If they won't find any critical bugs like security holes then they call it RTM. Otherwise they may patch it leaving build number as it is.
    Tracking should be disabled/not present by default and it should not be 'time-bombed' but I haven't check it.

6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Strix OC
    Even if its not RTM , i assume this version will get updated to RTM once it's released.

7. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    It's RTM, this is the built they have given to manufacturers, it's also the built most drivers will be based on. Everything from hereon out will be done through Windows Update.

The reason they did not release an ISO is because they wanted as many people on the insider program to install it via update. Since update is the method most people will be using when Windows 10 is finally released on the 29th, they wanted to make sure the update transition is smooth and working on this final build.

No new major features will be introduced, the final version which comes out on the 29th might be 10269 or whatever it will be; but if you keep your 10240 up to date, by the 29th it'll be identical to the one everyone else will be receiving.

Also someone should lock or move this thread to the appropriate area.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Rechecked and you are right RTM did not have version printed on desktop.

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    The version not being printed on the desktop isn't truly representative of whether it is RTM or not. The final release candidates didn't have it either.

It is most likely RTM though, but you could consider it as not 'fully RTM in nature', in a sense, only because come 29 July when it will have widespread release there will be an update for it with changes and fixes made between now and then. It is therefore vitally important for those on the insider programme to still report any issues found!

10. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Hi , Do you have Processlasso setup the governor as a service in startup ?

If so set it to scheduler , default options ("startup for all users" ), you can access this option from menu options>general settings>reconfigure how PL starts .

11. jcollake

jcollake New Member

GPU:
    AMD
    I'm the author of Process Lasso here from Bitsum...

Ed mentioned this post to me earlier, though I had thought it was a product bug report on our forums, and so had asked him to post the above.

To be clear, as the OP has indicated, this issue is *not* at all related to Process Lasso.

The OP simply mentioned Lasso's IdleSaver as another symptom of the problem. BTW, as mentioned, IdleSaver is a feature that switches the power plan on idle.

To be certain, I did some tests in a Win10 virtual machine and found Process Lasso's IdleSaver works fine there.

Like the OP said, the cause here is the OS's idle timer not working OR one or more devices making the PC appear to be non-idle/active by resetting the idle timer.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that it's no bug in Process Lasso, whatever it is.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015