1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 Winver1809

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by IchimA, Feb 18, 2019.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    That`s strange. When rig is sleeping the LED is blinking but that was not the case in the video. It looks namely like the rig was properly shut down.

Mine rig (case, monitor, external soundcard) is plugged into extension cord with its own button
    [​IMG]

And I always turn off the extension cord after I shut down the rig. Simple workaround for your strange case.

PS A sudden thought: have you disabled the hibernation, fast startup, sleep, hybrid sleep?
    https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/support-software/How-to-disable-Sleep-Mode-or-Hibernation-793/

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Yeah, this is what I was about to post after reading the thread. I just installed 1809 to test something on a Frankenstein machine and I had to do the Power Options Fast Boot disable thing to stop it from powering on.

3. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    For now the fix was disabling "Allow this device to wake the computer" for mouse and keyboard in device manager and also in BIOS . The buttons on the mouse are week and I think they were clicking by accident allowing the PC to turn itself on .
    @BuildeR2 You have the same problem ?

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I have, yes. Going one by one through Device Manager is a staple for me nowadays. :)

5. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    Superb ! glad you found a fix also

6. Caesar

Caesar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti Titanium
    The fix was from the very FIRST reply...;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    This fix points to some misunderstanding between Windows and UEFI - instead of shut down your rig gets the sleep. You can contact the manufacturer of the motherboard, to describe the glitch, and also to check for updated BIOS.

8. IchimA

IchimA Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    True that mbk ... but OLD board , old technology ... they won't care for that . Maybe 0.5% of users like me are affected ... no one will issue a fix for this. Neither gigabyte nor Microsoft. It's strange that I have reinstalled winver 1803 to test and it's all good . Reinstalled 1809 ... issue back ... Just for testing !

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    May be MS reckons it knows better (than consumers) to not use shut down any more. :confused: