Windows 10 - Tips and Tweaks

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 30, 2015.

1. pedja doktor

pedja doktor Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7640g+7670m 2gb
    Is there a way to fix the cursed windows explorer crushing error??,also it always shows a loading cursor in the background and nothing is running,sorry if I missed some of the previous responses but the thred has too many posts and I haven't followed from the beginnig so I'm little bit behind :D

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    the loading cursor randomly shows for me too but as you say nothing seems to be running

as for the crashing, did you do an upgrade to Win 10 or a clean install?

3. pedja doktor

pedja doktor Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7640g+7670m 2gb
    I upgraded from windows 7 ultimate

4. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    How do you set inactive title bars to a color other than white? I know with the Aero-Lite theme you get lighter colored inactive title bars which is better but I don't like the Aero style.

5. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FW3 U
    hii Extraordinary

I have this problem have installed window 10 pro 64b but is pirate so I bought a legit license and I get windows 8 pro 64b so I put the new key and I have this pop up

The product key you entered cannot be used to activate this edition. (Error code: 0xC004F210)

You might see this error if you entered a product key for a different edition of Windows than the edition installed on your device. You might also see this error if you previously upgraded to Windows 10, but the current edition of Windows installed on your device doesn't match the edition of your digital entitlement.

You can either enter a valid product key that matches the edition of Windows installed on your device or re-install the edition of Windows 10 that matches your digital entitlement.

what I have to do now? is a way to activate my windows ?

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    You need to install your legal copy of Windows 8 Pro first and upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro.
    You can't use your new Win8 key to activate your previous installation of W10 (especially if upgraded from pirate version, ahem...).

Windows 10 should auto-activate during the upgrade process. After that you should be able to use your Win8 Pro key to clean install W10 Pro if necessary.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  7. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FW3 U
    thanks for the reply

well i get busted for a seller guy and i suppose to get the real thing and i get a pirate version of it so i get a original key and i try to solve my problems but it seams a i have to do all again , i understand what i have to do now thanks.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Hope everything goes smoothly!

BTW if a reseller sold you a pirate/nongenuine license, that's pretty bad and you should report the seller to authorities.
    If I understood correctly what happened. At the very least you should get a valid key without extra cost.

9. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FW3 U
    Well yes I reported but sadly i dont think i will get my money back.
    thanks

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

New versions of CCleaner now have installed APPS listed in the uninstall section and will uninstall them.

* this will uninstall hidden system apps only user apps*

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
  12. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Active Member

GPU:
    StriX Vega64

Go here for tutorial how to do it:
    sry but cant post links yet --> winaero .com/blog/change-color-of-inactive-title-bars-in-windows-10/

13. balthier

balthier Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 RTX
    Is there a working way to disable driver signature enforcement?Does not seem to work win10 64pro :/

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

16. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    Why not just "set a custom scaling level (not recommended)"?
    That will give you the old interface with the ruler.

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    On one hand i like Win 10. It´s fast, more modern look and games run well on it.
    On the other hand i´m getting tired of the capricious moods of it. Apps stop to work without reason, system becomes slow and sluggish , again without reason, firewall stops and restarts working, shortcuts disappear, files associations resets.
    The last issue, start button and taskbar are frozen.

It seems the longer i´m running it the worst it gets.
    Don´t want to go back to 7 but things don´t get better, its the only option.

18. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Master Guru

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    if someone hasn't posted this already, i found another way to disable WINDOWS update and some key spyapps in Win 10 home ( not PRO ).
    If you go to the RUN and type "services.msc" there , your will find Windows Update and Background Intelligent data transfer?something , right click, one by one , go to properties and just disable them. In addition, I disabled Remote Registry and a few others like Windows Search. Fixed a lot of bandwidth and occasional hiccups. If u want to update , just turn them to Automatic and restart, update the apps and rinse repeat :)

19. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Now all we need is the Aero Theme back.

I know there is a way to bring this back, but those files are outdated and are buggy i read.

I really really hate the super bright UI, and the Dark UI is simply WAY to dark.

20. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    I feel the same, windows updates this week completely hosed my system and i had to reinstall