Windows 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by PhazeDelta1, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It didn't work for me either. I googled it and many others were having the same problem. I found a link to install it manually and it worked fine. It seems like the problem is on MS' end and not in Windows itself.

2. stillmatic84

stillmatic84 Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  4. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    No problems here so far no updates failed to install on me, although i fresh installed the new updated iso if that makes any difference.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    damn audio glitches.

watching HD videos and sometimes get annoying sound glitches.

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Nvm

Wrong.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yah i am aware of those. I wana see how how long it takes MS to fix it thought. I dont USE IE let alone EDGE so the update is eh to me.

But after doing the Softwaredistribution delete trick, I realized were some of SSD space went, all the update ever downloaded are download into the download folder inside the Softwaredistribution, apparently diskcleanup no longer cleans out those old files

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  8. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    KB3087040 also failed to install with WU.

Googled it and installed it manually with no problem.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just checked mine, 120MB, not too bad, but yea it should clean old updates up once they complete or fail

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah it dont not like it use to in win 7, diskcleanup no long removes it. so disk cleanup is bug.broke when comes to clean WU updates

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700...
    MS is used to breaking some things while trying to fix others... Are you implying that they're trying to break that cycle as well?

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I think every software company is used to that in some form or another. My shining example is always Valve. Nothing says "Your software is f*cked" like having to frantically patch the game simply because there was going to be an official tournament held with Half-Life 2 Deathmatch as the starring title. Started fixing stuff, while at the same time breaking other stuff, causing the whole tournament to be delayed... and they basically just fixed what they broke and called it a day.

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Did you try going without audio drivers?

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I think this new install.wim also fixed my issue with Mail app, it use to be conflicting with my old accounts when I imported them back one time with win10manager - it got bugged and didn't want to start anymore.. I always got this error when I tried to add my old accounts back..

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now I said ok let me see what's up and Wow! it started normally when I added my already registered hotmail account back in. Finally!

Also Photo app works too now, no more crash after max 5sec,
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...s/7d35aaed-f64c-4319-ac0f-dc8c36d6b52e?auth=1
    but this got fixed around the same time when I fixed my modern start icons menu with AIO repair from tweaking.com

So all in all almost everything is fixed for me, no need to refresh now..:):)

Ok, the only thing still bothering me a bit is one error by security event viewer Audit Failure, I think it was ok before.. When I googled a bit I saw its quite fresh.

First its success
    then this failure

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    That could be the case, because let's face it, with Win10 MS may finally, and most likely somewhat accidentally, have created a working piece of software.
    Well, "working" as far as MS software goes.

I'm pretty sure they're afraid to touch it now ;)

MS BOSS: "What did you do? This actually works!"
    MS CODER: "I dunno"
    MS BOSS: "Well release it quickly and for the love of god, don't change anything!"

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    Well, I know at least one product from MS which deserves label "Perfect" - Visual Studio. But ofc it was made by developers for developers...

Another point - what would we do if all Windows` were perfect? I got payed for troubleshooting MS OS` since MS DOS.

17. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Die of shock?

Same here.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Well, I suppose quite a bit of mental health professionals would find themselves without jobs.
    Not to mention IT technicians and service people...

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 3060TI
    That would be quick painless death. I fear we would die of boredom.

20. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Decided to do a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on the desktop today... Since you know.. Windows is supposed to remember your hardware hash.. Same PC Windows 10 Pro has been activated for weeks on. Same fresh install path I've now done on two laptops and went flawlessly.. Not on the desktop though.

Installed, skipped entering a key twice, blah blah blah.. Windows 10 Pro won't activate with a generic error message of the key being blocked.. Numerous attempts to contact MS to fix their idiotic problem and just passed around like a cheap cigar...

Back to 8.1 I go.. I can't deal with this crap..