Windows 10 Thread

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by PhazeDelta1, Jul 29, 2015.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It's a Lenovo G50-45. Just got it in mid-July.

2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    My Little Cousin is running Windows 10 on his laptop and it is running good. It runs games like Diablo3 just fine and dandy and Gary's Mod as well. The only other game he has tried to run and it wouldn't work was Team Fortress2.

Makes me wonder when MS decides to ditch IE in favor of Edge is going to happen to those Web Sites that are geared towards IE? I know right now that MS is offering IE for legacy support for business and enterprise and standard customers.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just upgraded an old Dell Latitude D630 (Originally with Vista) - Upgraded from genuine 7, told it to keep nothing, on first boot, all drivers apart from the video controller were installed, told it to auto check for an update for that driver, which it found online, installed, and 100% of everything works OOTB lol

I can say one thing about 10, (In my experience so far anyway), the upgrades seem to work very well, a world ahead of previous OS upgrades, which I would always advise against

I had planned on upgrading this for activation purposes, then clean installing, but I don't think I'm going to see any better experience with a clean install tbh

Plus it's not mine lol

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    By the way, have you ran dism?

5. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100

I agree absolutely, upgrade process works very well.

I can tell you to, that i am using windows 10, since first build 9xxx, and i never did clean install, im a insider and i am at the latest build 10532, always upgrading, and apart some litle bugs that i fixed, my windows is in perfect shape, and everything i have works, and i have alot in my system.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I was speaking to a guy from MS, and he was telling me that they had worked their butts off for the upgrade process alone, it shows

That's why they release builds as updates, instead of ISOs immediately

7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    My Little Cousin witnessed the same thing on his AMD touchscreen based HP laptop. He had Windows 7 Ultimate installed and had a few drivers installed and only 1 USB port was working and when he got Windows 10 installed everything on his HP laptop was working right out of the box from the touch screen to the USB ports to the network. The Upgrade process is indeed painless.
    I am thinking of trying to upgrade My HTPC which is a HP DC5800 micro which is a LGA775 based PC with 8GB of DDR2 RAM.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea go for it, if it will improve your HTPC experience

If not, you always have the roll back option

9. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    You do NOT have to pay for the Solitaire Collection. Paying only removes ads and gives more tournament options. If all you want to do is play the games, the one that comes pre-installed is just fine. I think it's better than the old one actually and the ads are pretty unobtrusive.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That's the first thing I did, but it doesn't solve anything, also many more in-depth tweaks .. but thanks for help :)

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Anyone else seeing a 0.2 MB "Microsoft .Net Runtime" app downloading when they check for updates on the Windows Store? I check manually every day for app updates and have seen this about four or five times now. Not sure quite why this library is downloading as an app but it does not show in my list of installed apps. :3eyes:

12. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I have not seen it but when I boot my puter up I will check to see if there is an update, I want some secret sauce from microsquish too.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    every 3 days Automatic APP updates "task" find the same VCLIB 12 udate that is installed. but if manual check this in store is find nothing, i pretty sure it still buggy

14. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I been getting random audio glitches.

same sound you get sometimes when system bsod, but system isnt freezing or bsoding

audio resumes as if nothing happens.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Aaaaleluja :D
    http://www.tweaking.com/news/story/...king_com_registry_backup_v3_2_1_released.html

Tweaking.com latest AIO windows repair 3.5 version rules!! it frickin finally fixed my icons as its mentioned in release notes.. Phew no need to refresh windows :):)

before, this was also due to windows10manager icon fix, it bugged start menu icons and it stayed like that until now..
    Lesson learned aever to use such tools by initial release.. lol it Happened to me one time by initial win8 too, but they fixed it later.
    [​IMG]

after all AIO repair fixes, finally!!! :nerd:
    [​IMG]

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Just got a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bsod. Any suggestions as what I've seen is it's not hardware related.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I got that last night as well, first time i have saw a bsod in years.

It happened trying out the COJ BiB demo as well.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Got mine while playing GTA5.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got it too one time, I think it was that name by driver uninstalling, its nvidia driver fault.. Try newer 355.84 or older 355.xx or stick with 353.xx until 358.xx release.

And just in case test newer beta flash player v19..

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Got one BSOD too, after quitting from ArcheAge. (DX11 render mode set)