windows 10 th2 update

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by marcoloves360, Nov 6, 2015.

1. marcoloves360

marcoloves360 Member Guru

GPU:
    S 290x Vapor-X @1090/1475
    hi everyone im having problem updating to the last build windows ask me to update and restart, then the pc just boots to windows again and dont show any installer. Is frustrating.

2. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    NV GTX 970 Titan Cooler
    same. Integrated insider builds were a bad idea.

3. marcoloves360

GPU:
    let me know if you find a way to fix it

4. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Can try this..it might or might not apply...however the last 3 builds I have had to go in my bios and return all settings to default for the install to works. Sometimes it would be part way and show the install screens, sometimes just black, and so. It appeared to me in my way of thinking was somehow the windows 10 installer just craps out on stable overclocks.

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    If that is the case, it would seem the overclock isn't actually stable! It might appear stable, pass the tests that you throw at it, but it doesn't mean it's perfectly stable in all scenarios.

If you're unstable at 4.6 GHz with overheating but miraculously you seem to be stable at 4.5 GHz, my reasoning is that you use 4.4 GHz. In reality the extra 2 percent overclock isn't worth it. Yes, that's right, you only gain at most 2 percent going from 4.4 GHz to 4.5 GHz. That 2 percent is worth it for the peace of mind of stability, reliability and longevity :).

The same goes for drivers. Always funny when people say they have a perfectly stable overclock but a new driver means they have to drop it a little. If you have to drop it a little, it's just 'proof' that the overclock you had wasn't truly stable.

6. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I normally would agree you on this...I have been running for years with this OC, and this issue only occurred during these last 3 win 10 version installs. Was a suggestion is all.

In all honestly it could of been just as easy as some other setting I change in the BIOS in OC'ing. I just know returning everything to default bios settings allows it to install. I remember once years ago I believe with Vista it would only install if I only had one hard drive only installed..after install would finish I could attach other.

But in general practice I would agree.

7. marcoloves360

GPU:
    thanks anyone i just downloaded the iso and then update voila problem solved.