Windows 10 - Slow Boot

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by frizzl, Jan 23, 2016.

1. frizzl

frizzl Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 280x
    Hey guys,

Recently was having some BSOD issues with my rig after a bit of OC'ing or whatever.

Cleaned out the drivers (15.12) removed all OC software etc and the problem disappeared. However, I now have a really slow boot on startup, sits at the windows logo for a while before the login screen. Same problem with 16.1 drivers now too.

ULPS is disabled etc.

If I uninstall the drivers, problem disappears, so it is obviously graphics card related.

Any ideas?

2. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    If OCing of any kind causes a crash then it isn't stable.

3. frizzl

frizzl Member

GPU:
    Crossfire 280x
    As I said though, there is no OC in place currently and no issues at all with the system, apart from the slow boot now...?

4. endbase

endbase Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Why not check the log files on your system after an reboot to see if there are some serious errors :pc1:

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Hibernation enabled, along with fast boot?

6. Spartakush

Spartakush Member

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    Hi mate, I've also just started getting this exact issue on my PC running the 16.1 drivers too. But I don't know if mine is actually the graphics drivers or not yet. Just wondering, does your task manager also take a few seconds to display the processes? (like a 5 second delay), this is happening to me and it started the exact same time as the slow boot issue.

I didn't even think to check if it was the graphics drivers, so I'm gonna reinstall and try some old ones now to see if anything changes.

7. streetwolf

streetwolf Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I had the slow startup of Windows 10 also. It was one of the options when I installed the drivers. I think it was ACP iirc. I unchecked this when installing the drivers and startup was back to normal.