Windows 10 RS4 Build 17017

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Oct 13, 2017.

1. VisitorX

VisitorX Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    ok thx so i stay then better on RS4^^

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    It's a very early RS4 build and will have lots of bugs, getting worse as new builds appear

3. ms178

ms178 Active Member

GPU:
    Reference Vega 56
    The trouble with this build started with the installation (from a DVD-RW, a GSOD withvolsnap.sys), I tried a different ISO which at least installed fine but some days later the control center did complain about a device driver but the installation was doomed right after trying to "repair" it. I did get a loop of GSODs with volsnap.sys as soon as Windows tried to boot the machine up again after a restart. As it seems others have major issues with this build as well, hence I suggest to skip this build.

4. VisitorX

VisitorX Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080
    now im back to RS3 1709 (build 16299.19) without doing a fresh install i just used the option to turn back to previous version and then after restart i choosed option to terminate insider building with next update and i restarted again and voila im on the official build :)

5. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    Couldn't update Nvidia drivers on this build. When I tried to install 387.98 it failed and I completely lost my GPU's from Task Manager and they were unidentified in Device Manager. No amount of updating through WU or the Nvidia installer would work as the GPU's were gone and I was stuck on the basic windows drivers. Rolled back to build 16299.19 then forward again to 17017 with WU 387.92 installing with it. Think I'll just wait for the next build before I try a driver update again.