Windows 10 RS3 Build 16296

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hello Windows Insiders!

Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16296 for PC to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring only (not Skip Ahead).

IMPORTANT NOTE: You will be unable to install *new*/additional language packs on this build. Pre-existing language packs (language packs you’ve installed previously) will carry over and work just fine.

As we mentioned previously, we are now at the point of the development cycle for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update where our focus is now on stabilization for release to the world. This means that we are releasing new builds to Insiders more quickly and that these builds will include mostly bug fixes. You’ll notice that this build continues to include a bunch of good bug fixes Insiders will enjoy.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • We fixed an issue where Hyper-V couldn’t create a VM on 3rd party network storage.
    • We fixed an issue where for the first few minutes after clean installing a non-English build many inbox app names might unexpectedly appear with English app names.
    • We fixed an issue where gaming apps using WebView with heavy use of HTML canvas might have unexpectedly had very low FPS in recent flights.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...r-preview-build-16296-pc/#H1zBQo2mLrGzhDDc.97

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Watermark and visible expiration date this time, this one is not RTM either it seems. Gonna have to be next week then.
    (Expires February 7th 2018 if I read correctly.)

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    iirc that usually means they found a showstopper in the last build without the watermark etc, and had to move to another branch

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wish they would release a new iso too. It's at 16278 on their site :-/ I hope my RS2 issues with start/shellexperiencehost are fixed.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    airbud7 likes this.
  6. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I don't know what the hell is going on, but this build was fine for like a day, now all of a sudden its sluggish as hell. Internet, general performance, everything is awful. Choppy and slow. Its a fresh install. Only odd thing I've noticed is Defender constantly trying and failing to install a certain update. KB2267602. But I have no idea if its related. Nothing in the task manager is popping out as a possible offender either.

Its since corrected itself...still don't know what the heck that was though.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm ill bet rtm will be released next week (since the ninjacats are visiting conferences). :(

8. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 10GB