Windows 10 October Update - 1809 is live !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    hopefully would be temporary, and maybe i should wait for new update store for fixed. i've never had this problem before, btw finally i've got the game with microsoft store link in chrome browser then store app shown up without problem.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Anyone still use "Get-AppXPackage | Remove-AppxPackage" (run as Admin in Powershell) to clean the system from all pointless apps?

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=win+10+code+0x00000194

Susahamat likes this.
  4. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ditto ..

Rich_Guy likes this.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I would be careful with installing the 1809 update because there are some pretty serious bugs in it. To name a few some users found their profiles and some personal information was being deleted. And Peoples settings and restore points were also deleted and heck even the file Windows.old the previous version in order to roll back to the previous version were also deleted. As of right now MS is not auto pushing this install to Windows updates until these serious bugs get patched.
    https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/04/bugs-and-issues-of-windows-10-version-1809/

6. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    So 1809 deleted my Blu Ray drive. I had to uninstall the the ATAPI/IDE drivers in Device Manager then restart to get them re-installed. One other problem i've had since the update is that on first boot of the day, sometimes the screen comes up black and stays black - no cursor no nothing and i have to hard-restart the system one more time before it'll boot to desktop properly. I heard this was because windows was thinking i was running dual monitors and it was making this main monitor the secondary monitor by mistake. I'm only using one monitor btw. I'm sure they'll patch it soon but these are really dumb bugs

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  7. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Really. That sucks. I think that MS needs to take this update offline so no one can download it until they can fix these bugs.

8. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Or just fix those two bugs fast (they're the only ones i've come across - everything else seems to be working).

9. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    If everything gets working for everyone Ill say this: they nailed this update. This is the best Windows 10 has looked in the old stuff and new. The phone app is phenomenal.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It gets not... they did not nail...

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
  12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Good that I reverted to rs4, no regrets xD

14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    In other words, see second post in this thread... :p

yasamoka, lucidus, -Tj- and 1 other person like this.
  15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Guess I lucked out, seems to be fine on both my RTX and GTX1080 rigs, haven't checked on my 3rd rig though....

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Lucky for me I haven't had it happen to me. But then if It did I have backups,plus my games and music is not stored on my C: drive, due to have muiti storage drives. Nothing is missing from them either.

I did see some people mentioning that it had something to do with onedrive, and it also could be happening to those who store there music/Docs and games on there Os drive.

17. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    I'll bet a dollar that after Microsoft "fixes" 1809, it'll somehow manage to hose something on a few rigs that were OK with the initial release.

Fender178 and -Tj- like this.
  18. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I upgraded 20 machines with intel graphics, they are fine today. Upgraded my AMDFX6300\970GTX rig and Surface Pro 1 the other day, zero problems.

In fact, I got about 15 more minutes battery life on my SP1. Its even measuring about 8 minutes higher with batterybar, so far.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've tried 1809 on two live installs (a pro and a LTSB) and didn't have the issue, thankfully. I have backups of almost everything but I would've deleted everything related to win10 that I have, even ltsb 2016, if it did happen to me :p

Apparently MS support just tells you to restore from a backup. This is their way of taking you back to a "good state"? lol. I thought the file associations bug was bad and same goes with the unreliable user interface but this takes the sh!t cake.

I use LTSB and let MS do all the hard work :p

I used windows privacy dashboard when I tried Pro. I selected unwanted apps and with a click, they were gone.

20. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    it seems issue microsoft store with code 0x00000194 is fixed