Windows 10 October Update - 1809 is live !

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by chispy, Oct 3, 2018.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes I have that issue with 1809 too. .zip files can't be changed from explorer to whatever. I used 7zip's settings to force it. For all the other extensions, you have to do the open with process twice if it isn't appearing in default apps section.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    As of 1809 UWP apps require that the IPv6 protocol is enabled on the systems network interface, has nothing todo with the IP version your network uses.

The 850 Evo is not the issue btw. it's something else, the BIOS should see the disks regardless of what ever you install on them.
    Defer update option within Windows itself works as does disabling Windows Update completely, did you run any tweaks or cleaners after installing 1803?

3. patteSatan

patteSatan Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390
    How much is microcrap paying you to give these so called advices?
    You, sir, suck at forums.

4. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    so the picture still open with paint despite u set default apps ?
    did u try set using "choose default apps by file type" ?

i always set default apps by file types, because right click open with and other method most of time wont fix... it just revert to apps that the file-types associated with

5. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    It doesn't require anything. It is a bug, a major regress that has to be fixed.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Default by file type doesn't let me choose the .exe. Only what's listed or browsing the store.

It works only if you do it twice. This is a bug, it didn't happen on older rs5 builds.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This new update makes edge working faster aswell :)

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    So anyone else getting the 'Downloads' folders being deleted?

9. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    MSI afterburner don't show gpu usage anymore

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I'm well aware that it's an try before you buy trial usage, I meant is it DTS Headphone X, or some new form of DTS Headphone tech.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its a new disk cleanup thing, uncheck it.

you have to reinstall the driver after windows service updates.

--------------
    Those of you who updated from 1803, you will notice a profile notification spam in event viewer,

you have to remove the TDL key from two locations

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-1...2018-update-now-available-29.html#post1476953

you don't need the programs this user has stated (though they do make it easier), you can take ownership of the TDL key, grant full permissions to your account and then delete it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think it is very appropriate advice. You got new thing. Without even checking on what is new there, you marked it as unnecessary. If people like Alexander Fleming had same mentality, you would likely not even be on this world.
    I am fine with you being ignorant. You do not need to know what you are getting, it is your choice. But with that you give up on right to complain.
    Like there are 5 free pills in front of you. Each with extensive list of benefits and negatives. And you just take one on random. Complaining that you went blind...
    (You really did not use your eyes before anyway, so...)

As for me, MS does not pay me anything. And I was critical about this version before it even became talked about here. But being critical comes from knowing.

13. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    M$ paying @Fox2232 to spread propaganda preventing people from spending money to upgrade to Win10 XD

That's some serious conspiracy going on here. Care to elaborate on sabotaging Win10 with help of M$, @Fox2232?

------

It kinda funny to see people being relieved they succeeded on updating Windows without issues. Something that should be taken rather for granted.

Maddness, carnivore and fantaskarsef like this.
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Simple strategy:
    - Find some noob
    - Tell him to downgrade himself to stone age
    - Everyone else with shred of intelligence immediately jumps to Windows 10
    - Cash, Fame, ...

mbk1969 likes this.
  15. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX980ti
    I've upgraded 3 PCs and one notebook of very different ages and configurations. Not a single problem updating, besides having to reinstall my Creative Labs drivers like with every Windows upgrade. What I noticed though, is that 1809 takes a bit longer to boot. And the Tobii Eyex, which I use to login via Windows Hello only gets activated after login. Once it's up, it feels a bit smoother than 1803 did.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehehe yeah... kind of sad. But yes, I have come to learn that m$ updates and patches no longer are safe to not cause issues.
    I mean, it's actually stupid that they don't enable IPv6 automatically, if their own apps need it... really stupid to even have people sitting there with suddenly no internet connection over a windows upgrade.

Fox2232 likes this.
  17. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Hello. This windows 1809 update broke creative AE-5 drivers. I try everything to fix this. No luck. No ASIO anymore. No sound or crippled sound in games (best card for gaming Ha ha). Creative support tells me that 1809 is NOT SUPPORTED and they MAYBE release new driver. Very bad situation... :mad:

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Looks like there are some reports of user files being deleted after the update, Documents folder and Pictures folder and full user accounts being deleted...... wtf....

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Not it isn't. I have that service disabled and have that folder set to never clean. I checked that already. But thanks for the answer.

Yep, and it's not the Storage Sense, which I've had off and is off.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the account may have assumed a corrupted profile occured and migrated them to username.old

or theres