windows 10 N edition 64 bit question

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by wheeljack12, May 28, 2016.

1. wheeljack12

wheeljack12 Guest

I had a question about the windows 10 N edition 64 bit. I bought a windows 7 N edition key from a online retailer at a discounted price and then used that key to fresh install a windows 10 upgrade. Didn't know the difference between N and Full editions that the retailer sells. N edition of windows is usually sold in europe and asia without windows media player. The full version is sold everywhere else with windows media player. Anyhow, what I need to know for those using windows 10 N edition, is there some kind of way that microsoft is stopping insider previews for windows 10 N? Because everytime I have tried to activate the insider preview (and yes, my key legitimately activates) I let it windows update sit there for a few days and windows update won't download or install a windows insider preview. N edition users please chime in on this one. I just want to see if this is a common problem with windows 10 N edition.

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    i used the N edition of 10 previously, but i stopped using it, when i went back 7 so i can't test it for you.

2 things you have to keep in mind tho'
    maybe you will need to install the media framwork for windows because certain dll's that come with media player are not on your system and will be needed for gaming and/or certain online/modern apps. you can dl it directly from ms.com
    secondly some windows editions are not eligible to insider updates because of their specification as "long term service branch". but i don't know if you have such an edition.
    if not, have you checked to be in the fast ring?

that's all i got.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    No N Insider Previews that I know of

Only

[​IMG]