Windows 10 July 26th Update fixes 10-bit display color banding issues

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    This Windows update fixed 10-bit colour for me but caused massive problems with audio. When viewing Netflix (Windows 10 app) audio cuts out for 1-2 seconds every 15 seconds. And with Youtube, the first 2 seconds of audio gets chopped off of every video i open at the start - like there is some sort of delay. Same happens when MP3's are played through Groove Music app.

I had to revert the update using System Restore to resolve the issue.

3. loser7

loser7 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Finally! I have been using an HDR 4K TV with my PC for a while now and been dealing with these color issues for way too long. Really hope this fixes it!

Update: This does not fix the issue at all. My issue is that when I play a game in full screen, if I adjust the volume in windows it will cause the color to get all messed up and looks way over-saturated. Seems to have something to do with the volume bar overlay. Every time this happens I have to restart whatever game I'm playing to fix it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    What you are describing is completely different from 10bit color banding issue that this update addressed.

5. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi gtx 1080 custom
    I have the same issue with the volume adjuster. The thing is that it reverts back after a couple of seconds, so not a huge deal.
    The problem is that initially, I thought that "that" is the real HDR, but no it's just another bug of Windows, unfixed for more then 2 years...

6. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    20GB update ...