1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17650 (RS5)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by ultraex2003, Apr 20, 2018.

1. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Member Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    What’s new in Build 17650
    Windows Defender Security Center gets a Fluent Design refresh
    We’ve heard your feedback and when you install this build you’ll find we’ve updated Windows Defender Security Center (WDSC) to include the Fluent Design elements you know and love. You’ll also notice we’ve adjusted the spacing and padding around the app and will now dynamically size the categories on the main page if more room is needed for extra info. Last but not least, we’ve also updated the title bar of the app so that it will now use your accent color if you’ve enabled that option in Color Settings – with Sets enabled, you will see this color in the WDSC tab.

[​IMG]

Windows Defender Firewall now supports Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) processes
    You can add specific rules for a WSL process in Windows Defender Firewall, just as you would for any Windows process. Also, Windows Defender Firewall now supports notifications for WSL processes. For example, when a Linux tool wants to allow access to a port from the outside (like SSH or a web server like nginx), the Windows Defender Firewall will prompt to allow access just like it would for a Windows process when the port starts accepting connections. This was first introduced in Build 17627.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
    • We fixed an issue where File Explorer would always open with the ribbon minimized, rather than remembering how you’d left it.
    • We fixed an issue where elements on the main page of the Windows Defender Security Center app would slightly change size on mouse hover.
    • We fixed an issue where non-default languages might unexpectedly have the option to remove in Settings greyed out.
    • We fixed an issue where the Color Filters and High Contrast icons were switched in Settings.
    • We fixed an issue where clicking links in Settings that launched other apps would result in Settings crashing and nothing else happening.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some people experiencing a Settings crash when navigating to Apps > Default Apps > Set defaults by App.
    Known issues
    • On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
    • When Movies & TV user denies access to its videos library (through the “Let Movies & TV access your videos library?” popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the “Personal” tab.
    • Tiling and cascading windows, including features like “View Side by Side” in Word, will not work for inactive tabs.
    • The Office Visual Basic Editor window will currently be tabbed but is not intended to be in the future.
    • Opening an Office document while the same app has an existing document open may cause an unintended switch to the last active document. This will also happen when closing a sheet in Excel while other sheets remain open.
    • Local files or non-Microsoft cloud files will not be automatically restored and no error message will be provided to alert the user to that fact.
    • Sets UX for Office Win32 desktop apps is not final. The experience will be refined over time based on feedback.
    • The top of some Win32 desktop app windows may appear slightly underneath the tab bar when created maximized. To work around the issue, restore and re-maximize the window.
    • Closing one tab may sometimes minimize the entire set.
    • We’re aware of an issue that causes Narrator to read extra text when invoking Alt + Tab, and we’re working on a fix.
    • Using arrow and Page Up / Page Down keys doesn’t work to scroll webpages in Microsoft Edge. You’ll need to use another input method (mouse, touch, or touchpad).
    • If you complete the setup for a Windows Mixed Reality headset on this build, the headset will remain black until it is unplugged and reconnected to the PC.
    • https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...0-insider-preview-build-17650-for-skip-ahead/

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 GRP
    Oh, great. That thing which I never use got a new design. Hooray.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    We fixed an issue resulting in some people experiencing a Settings crash when navigating to Apps > Default Apps > Set defaults by App

Wau... Lol this thing is now present in 17134.1, so we will have to wait until RS5?? Pathetic.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Heh ... looking at the results, MS should be asking for their money back!

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    • We fixed an issue where clicking links in Settings that launched other apps would result in Settings crashing and nothing else happening.
    • We fixed an issue resulting in some people experiencing a Settings crash when navigating to Apps > Default Apps > Set defaults by App.
    They should port that into RS4 as others above mentioned.

6. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R290 Tri-X OC
    It's fine in 17133.73, I'm still not convinced 17134 is the RTM.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I never checked with 17133.xx, only after I saw this info, then I checked by 17134.1 and got affected.

I use local admin account, nothing special.

Although I'm not bothered much, already have everything set properly from my initial RS3.. I did in place upgrade from RS3 > RS4 17133> RS4 17134

8. warlord

warlord Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X MSI(Gaming)
    Control Panel does not exist anymore at least for me when searching apps&settings. A bug or they removed it intentionally? I can only open it through "control.exe" at run box or find it in windows folder.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    What about when you go to power plans options, there must be a way to get to advanced options (advanced power plans, swapfile settings, system restore etc ).
    Also, does control panel come up in the search box?
    You could pin that to start menu if so.

10. Montville

Montville Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB

Hopefully this will fix Mail Settings Signature crash too?!
    https://pasteboard.co/HhH77WN.jpg

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I don't know, but did you try resetting it in app/programs setting under advanced?

12. Montville

Montville Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    I am confused - can't find it .. maybe coz I am on build 16299.371?

13. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I assume they didn't remove it but here how to get there.
    Open Settings, then go to Apps and features.
    Find Mail and Calendar, then click on it and then advanced options link should show up.
    In there is a reset button.
    I have had problems with other Windows apps not opening right and reset worked for me.

PS: I am still on 1709 so maybe they changed location.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-windows-store-apps-windows-10

Montville likes this.
  14. Montville

Montville Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    Thank you, I did it and still Mail is just closing the window when trying to go into Signature.

Btw, here is my error log about this crash:
    https://pasteboard.co/HhHF6zl.jpg

15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    You could try googling that event ID and description to see what pops up.
    Or just wait for RS4 and see how that goes.

16. Montville

Montville Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    Yep I wait for RS4 and see how it goes..

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Montville likes this.
  18. Montville

Montville Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    Hey, Ed, those problems are no biggie for me and thanks for the link - very informative!
    Later this year I upgrade to Ryzen hence clean install on the horizon :eek:

19. radosuaf

radosuaf Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1050 Ti D5 4GB
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Seems to be just win10 S going by those shots. Stupid thing just gets a new name every 6 months it seems lol. Although in my eyes Lean = LTSB ;)

Anyone tried out the dark file explorer? https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-finally-adding-dark-mode-file-explorer-windows-10

[​IMG]

Screenshot is black instead of "dark" but it's a wip so whatever. I'm glad they aren't butchering explorer in uwp form so there's that.