Windows 10 Build 10240

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jul 15, 2015.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i got to admit i see all this app crap as bloatware not needed, I wonder if Wintoolkit and all those other custom/slipstreaming programs will allow use to remove that crap

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea something like nLITE might get updated, I think the StartIsBack dev is working on other Win 10 projects too

You can already uninstall just about every app using SiB, disable Cortana etc

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Having app that will list all windows"apps" to help remove would be great, even better if they can be removed the install, but i no intresting in using startisback or anything like it, I fine with current startmenu button it not as bad as i thought it was after i started using it more

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    This is what SiB does to 'Apps'

[​IMG]

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    were is that i looking sib now not find it, wait are they start apps in the program listing of startmenu?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    All Programs > Start Apps

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    oh that makes thing so much similar, might just use SIB to do this then, remove it

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yep, it's great, just right click each app > uninstall

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    now i down to just

Calculator ( use regularly )
    MS Edge
    Windows Feedback
    Customer support
    cortana( cant kill this with out killing search in startmenu sort of using sib)
    Store (just in case)
    Weather ( find this useful)

Now if only i could fiqure out why i keep getting windows app update/install failure for almost all apps including ones not on the pc, and the windowsupdateclient log that hands it is disabled.

Read it had something to do with Firewall being disbled but even when it on auto it still happens

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hmm, not sure about that, I did get install failures when I was running it in VM, not since it's been on the main machine though

Try Start> RUN: wsreset.exe

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    also getting alot of "program Manager" is preventing my system from rebooting/restarting

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ran this in admin mode, so far so good will update if it back, Though I pretty sure I turned off Auto update of APP when setting up it on now, so maybe it will stop the error

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still get

Code:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D0A: Store.
    Code:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D0A: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime Package.
    Code:
    Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D0A: MSN Weather.
    Even after wsreset

Firewall is currently disabled but even when I set it back to Automatic at some point the error logs are back.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ugh... can't wait for a new build of windows in november. Explorer is too buggy in separate process mode. Goofy **** happens like smartscreen prompts cause firefox dev edition to shift the currently open tab to a new window or winrt junk (Edge being the worst offender) playing mpc-hc media if they were paused. Then there's stuff like uac and file copy prompts not coming into focus.

**** >_< First time since windows xp have I ever faced so many issues with this feature in explorer.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that update actual had info on the web page this time, before i actual downloaded it

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Holy sh1t! MS gave info?

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the was this "time" first time since switch to win10 I saw info was up BEFORE i got notified about the updates, Better question is will it last or was it fluke :infinity:

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm not sure whether this is a thing because of 10 or nvidia's drivers or completely normal but when I resize a window by dragging its edge, it tends to flicker. I've noticed this the most in firefox, thunderbird, and the libreoffice suite. Some times the second monitor, especially when a video program like kodi is displayed on it, will flicker momentarily. Anyone else?

20. Loster

Loster Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Anyone else having missing text when right click applications in the task bar ?
    I can reboot the OS or restart the explorer.exe to fix it, but the text will vanish again after some uptime.
    For an example the right click on the Explorer:

[​IMG]